Dark Elves

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 18 February 2014, 01:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

18 February 2014, 01:45:48 AM Last Edit: 18 February 2014, 01:40:22 PM by Leon
As seen in the painting competition...
Dark Elf/Drow Raptor Riders

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

Very nice  :-bd

Looks like you've gone in completely the opposite direction to me on colouring  ;)

Just hoping I can squeeze in enough painting time to get them finished - half-term and a daughter's birthday don't help unfortunately  :'(

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Thanks. Looking forwards to yours.
It was an odd set of colours to get right without becoming too GW. 
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Those look great, the colour really suits them, as well as being away from the usual greens/browns we see on them.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

O Dinas Powys

Might as well add mine in here  ;)

Imperial Terraguayan Nanotyrannus Riders - aka Dark Elf Raptor Riders!

I'll have to try and get some better photos in the daylight...  :-\

Cheers!

Meirion

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Think yours are magnificent Meirion. You going to post your spears here too? I'm planning to get mine done in the next week or so...

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 01 March 2014, 07:00:37 AM
Think yours are magnificent Meirion. You going to post your spears here too? I'm planning to get mine done in the next week or so...

Thanks Lemmey.

Absolutely love the colouring on yours.  Are they modelled on leopard geckos?

Haven't started my spears or swords yet - still dithering on how many to stick on a base and in what configuration - however I have the base of crossbows I entered in the fantasy/sci-fi section:

They kind of came about by accident as a test piece for the raptor riders' colour scheme – I was trying to paint a special base of goblins, but had to abandon them due to time running short!

There are some other bits that I need to finish – including riderless raptor test-pieces - that I'll post as and when.

What rules are you basing for?  Mine are for Dux Bellorum/HotT on 40x30mm.

Cheers,

Meirion

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Mine too are on 40x30, I use Hail Cheesy Caesar. I think I've got six or seven of each on a stand, including cross bows.
As to the lizard, I think they were Leopard Geckos, when I get on the other computer I will confirm! ;)
Think your scheme is great, but I wanted mine to be broody like Moorcock's Melniboneans after the fall, a race in their end days.

Looking forwards to further comparrisons!

Womble67

There all very nice

take care

andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Lemmey's do look creepy. :) But green and yellow is too close to a rugby sweater for my taste. I can't imagine dark elves soaping each other's backs in the shower while singing "I met a young maiden called Arwen..." off-key and dropping cigarette ash in each other's beer. Or rather, I obviously can, but I don't want to.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

O Dinas Powys

Teaser photo of what I've painted so far  ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

nikharwood

Duke Speedy of Leighton

12 March 2014, 10:53:49 PM #13 Last Edit: 12 March 2014, 10:55:26 PM by mad lemmey
The rest of the army pack! They're not on 40x30 as previously noted, but 30 x 60mm :d
Swordsmen

Spears

Crossbows - wasn't sure about this sculpt, but after painting, I REALLY like them!

The Dark Prince, shamelessly inspired by Morecock's Elric of Melnibone.

Was worried they were too monotonal, but... Yup, really like them now and have ordered more!

Dr.Falkenhayn

cracking Work  8) Nice to see you painted the Eyes  :-bd
Halt die Ohren steif!

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!