Proper sport back on TV

Started by Nosher, 08 February 2014, 07:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

A week late I know, but welcome back proper sport - none of the girly kissball rubbish.

England did a much better job of 'winning ugly' this week against the Sweaty Socks after last weeks abhorration against the Surrender Monkeys, but the highlight of the weekend has to be seeing the Sheep Worriers resort to cheap shots when losing to the Boggies :)

One happy bunny!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

GordonY

Oh I didnt realise it was tiddlywinks season already.

fsn

I have absolutely no idea what you're going on about, Nosher old chap.  :-\
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Nirnman

he's referring to the game played by men with odd shaped balls

fsn

Oh! Cricket.

I'm not much of a sports fan myself.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

get2grips

Quote from: Nosher on 08 February 2014, 07:02:09 PM
A week late I know, but welcome back proper sport - none of the girly kissball rubbish.

England did a much better job of 'winning ugly' this week against the Sweaty Socks after last weeks abhorration against the Surrender Monkeys, but the highlight of the weekend has to be seeing the Sheep Worriers resort to cheap shots when losing to the Boggies :)

One happy bunny!

Huzzah...and they went away with a big fat ZERO ;D ;D ;D

Ithoriel

This is about the Winter Olympics I presume? Successfully avoiding it ... so far.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Luddite

Is there a winter olympics on?

Great bash against the Jock today.  Mind you they did everything they could to hand us the game.

And the Lions had a LOT to make up for having snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against the Old Enemy last week.

Yes, excellent to see a proper sport on for a change; although the new scrum rules are a disaster.
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Ithoriel

Ah! "Scrum" Not the Olympics but "A game for hooligans played by gentlemen" :)

Avoided that too.

TV, 57 channels and nothing on!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Nosher

Scrummaging has been a car crash for years now. As a former No2 it makes me weep :'(
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Sandinista

Fi you have Murdoch TV there is rugby on each  week. Better TV these days than the celebration of cheating that football has become

TinyTerrain

I watched both games and as an ex fallback (no jokes please) can I just say Mike Brown was outstanding, however my man of the day award goes to Sexton, some incredible kicks into space in really bad conditions.

looking forward to another busy afternoon in front of the box,

cheers,

Craig
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Sandinista on 09 February 2014, 10:51:28 AM
Fi you have Murdoch TV there is rugby on each  week. Better TV these days than the celebration of cheating that football has become

I'd pay a modest fee to have all sport of any sort excised from my viewing options. At least that way I could truthfully say to friends and family that it was not possible to spend the next <x> minutes watching 30 grown men who are old enough to know better mud wrestling or people proving that gravity still works and that heavy things at the top of a snow slope slide to the bottom or men paid enough in a year to feed a small city in the third world putting on performances that might, in other circumstances, put them in line for a BAFTA  =)

Bah! Humbug!

Hertsblue

B****r eggball, the Blues just hit the top.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

get2grips

Quote from: Hertsblue on 10 February 2014, 09:59:30 AM
B****r eggball, the Blues just hit the top.

And the scum drewagainst Fulham  ;D ;D ;D