Entries Discussion thread!

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 02 February 2014, 08:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Quote from: Steve J on 03 February 2014, 02:08:24 PM
I intend to lower the standard somewhat with my efforts :d :D ;).

;D ;D ;D

I'll happily join you!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

The only slight problem with this thread at the moment is trying to sort out which class the posts refer to.  :-\ :-\ :-\
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

ronan

Quote from: petercooman on 03 February 2014, 06:27:58 PM

;D ;D ;D

I'll happily join you!

Is there a price for the worst painter ?  :-\  I could post my pics...  ;D

Fenton

Quote from: ronan on 04 February 2014, 10:36:30 AM
Is there a price for the worst painter ?  :-\  I could post my pics...  ;D

yup..1p a figure including basing
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

petercooman

Dr.Falkenhayn

04 February 2014, 10:13:59 PM #21 Last Edit: 04 February 2014, 10:46:40 PM by Dr.Falkenhayn
Quote from: ronan on 04 February 2014, 10:36:30 AM
Is there a price for the worst painter ?  :-\  I could post my pics...  ;D
ah,cmon don't be shy Friend,after all they're really really small Toys,we all know  :D

"bloody" lovely new Entry in the Sci-fi Category from Matt  :) Braaaiiinnnnssss!!!

Halt die Ohren steif!

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

Some brilliant entries so far and the competitions only been open a few days.

take care

andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Matt J

Quote"bloody" lovely new Entry in the Sci-fi Category from Matt  Smiley Braaaiiinnnnssss!!!

Thankyou Dr.F  :-[

and welcome to the forum. You will fit right in here with your fine brush work and ability to prescribe medication  ;)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Roy

er, sorry for this but...where do people post if they want to discuss the competition?

I'm working on a little piece - after biting the bullet and agreeing to come on board for the laugh - but there just seems to be that much banter everywhere, I don't know where to post?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Leon.

I've started to display my wip on my entry in the thread you created on the Steve Dean forum - it can be viewed there, should anyone wish - or it's featured in several posts so far on my blog. My work's as rough as a badgers backside, I know. But it's been fun doing it, so far.

Sorry if I've rocked the boat, I do wish to take part, but sometimes finding where to post on here can be intimidating.

*You can all boo and hiss at me now, if you like.*

I'll keep checking for replies, and will thank anybody now who points me in the right direction for the discussion thread.

gingerbhoy 
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

fred.

Welcome - the level of banter is high at the minute - perhaps its the weather?

Where you have posted is as good a spot as any to discuss your painting entry - if you want you could create your own thread in the Painting sub-forum, then if you want to show your progress it will all be in one place.

Off to look at your wip shots now.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fred.

"my new blog - people friendly, no nudity "

That's not quite true is it now....

I think I prefer the painting of the Queen than the bearers. But the extreme contrast can work very well, and really brings out the definition of the sculpting.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just seen Hertoroi's jumbo in single base entry.

Wooooooooow!
(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

May be a reason entries are quiet this year! Plus I've a huge batch of 15mm Flames stuff this weekend, then I can get into production mode! :D

petercooman

Well i'm waiting to enter untill i get a chance to make some decent pictures of the stuff that is ready. The dark weather ain't helping...