Painting Comp Feedback

Started by TinyTerrain, 01 March 2014, 10:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jc

FierceKitty

04 March 2014, 11:07:06 AM #76 Last Edit: 04 March 2014, 11:08:42 AM by FierceKitty
I'd rather argue that the forum exists to promote wargaming, and that Pendraken host it in the understandable confidence that their product is good enough to be a winner if wargaming in general is.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Matt J

QuoteThe winners each year have been outstanding efforts and I applaud each and every one of them but as Tiny says it would be nice to hear a bit more from them even if its to write an article on their entry - how they got inspiration, what methods they use and better still how they manage to photo their minis so beautifully...

Is this something people would like to see?

I'm not thinking to blow my own trumpet or anything but if people are interested I will do a write up and I'm sure Kev, BH62, Goat Major, Steamflunky et al would do the same. You can see the level of work involved - my pre 20th cent foot entry took approx. 35 hours.

Matt
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

hetairoi

QuoteIs this something people would like to see?

Yes, I would like to see it!  :-bd

I also have a question for Kev. Should I do it here or start another topic?

Cheers!

P.D.: Congrats again, Matt!  =D>
http://hetairoiwargames.blogspot.com.es/

2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - Winner!

Farles

Techno

I certainly would, as well, Matt.
Cheers - Phil

Steve J

QuoteYou can see the level of work involved - my pre 20th cent foot entry took approx. 35 hours.

Blimey, no wonder they look so good :o. But I would be interested to see how you go about painting them as others have said.

mollinary

Yes, please!  Always looking for tips and hints.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Fenton

My tip would be to pay Kev or Matt to paint them for you   ;D
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

kev1964

Quote from: Fenton on 06 March 2014, 12:20:19 PM
My tip would be to pay Kev or Matt to paint them for you   ;D

;D ;D ;D,

I  had hoped to do a , how i did this this, before, but due to a dodgy camera and the laptop not reading the memory card i gave up.
I have 5 artillery crew and one gun ready primed , so i'll get working on them at the weekend.

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!

Matt J

Like Kev I'll try to do some painting notes and put some methodology down this weekend. I think Kev's approach is different to mine (I picked his brains after last years comp  ;)) so it would be good to demonstrate there are many ways to skin a cat.

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

FierceKitty

If the kitten knocks over my phalangites once more, I may be testing that adage.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.