Flames of War Hungarians

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 01 February 2014, 02:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

Hmmm, tempting for my PBI Hungarians, except they're actually Homsved and not Gendarmarie, so maybe I need a new army... what do WW2 era Hungarian Gendarmarie uniforms look like again?!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

That's a certainty for the paint queue then!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

They're on fleabay now... cash crisis!  :'(
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

getagrip

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 February 2015, 12:00:29 AM
They're on fleabay now... cash crisis!  :'(

You've only just finished them  :(  :o
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Yup, that's the way the cookie sometimes crumbles!

getagrip

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 February 2015, 10:42:54 AM
Yup, that's the way the cookie sometimes crumbles!

I know what you mean mate :)
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Chris Pringle

There are plenty of occasions when the gendarmerie fought alongside honvéd units - certainly once the war reaches Hungary in 1944. IIRC, gendarmerie companies were formed into battalions and routinely attached to honvéd formations. You can legitimately have them on the same pitch as your StuGs or whatever.

For uniforms, this is the book you want:

http://www.hkhermanos.hu/kiadv%C3%A1nyok/sipos-andr%C3%A1s-magyar-kir%C3%A1lyi-csend%C5%91rs%C3%A9g-egyenruh%C3%A1zata-%C3%A9s-felszerel%C3%A9sei-1920-1945

Of course in action they mostly wore standard steel helmets and didn't look much different from regular honvéd infantry, but for a tabletop army you surely have to go for the more unusual millinery.

NB the paramilitary gendarmerie (csendőrség) are different from police (rendőrség).

Chris

toxicpixie

Drat, I thought that might be the case; from the piccies my normal Honved would be fine, assuming that everyone's put their tin hat on!

I might pick up some L3/33's or a Csaba at some point if I get round to it. Currently the Hungarian armour I possess is actually... three field guns and a Pzr 38 :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting