Campaign 2014

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 26 January 2014, 02:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hi chaps,
Just thought I would pop a note up here as I know several forum members are attendees...

The National League (the competition side of the event) will happen. We are very hopeful to run it on the same weekend as advertised.

However, due to factors beyond the control of MKWS and the management of Centre:MK, Campaign will NOT be happening in Middleton Hall MK.
I need to note that this is entirely beyond either parties control, so no bad press either way please.

At the present time, various venues and factors are being seriously studied to allow the show to go ahead at a different venue. The main issue is that the whole ethos of Campaign is that it should be an event that showcases our hobby to the public and tries to encourage people to try it, beyond the perceived ('GW') perception. We feel we had a great formula, and wish to continue it.

Our Chairman Neil, plus other club members, are endeavoring to bring our usual, high quality event. Keep watching this thread for news...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Fingers crossed for you to get it sorted Will.

Albie Bach

Hope Campaign goes ahead somewhere and hopefully offering similar open-access as Middleton Hall. As you say, Campaign is a great showcase for the hobby.
We at Tring were intending to put on a Demo game again.
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

Hertsblue

This is the second convention in difficulties I've heard of in a week. What's happening to us?  :'(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Womble67

Lets hope somewhere suitable can be found

take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Albie Bach

24 February 2014, 05:38:21 PM #5 Last Edit: 24 February 2014, 05:41:37 PM by Albie Bach
I see it has now been confirmed that the Campaign show at Milton Keynes will not be going ahead this year.
See MKWS Latest News here http://www.mkws.org.uk/
At least they have managed to make alternative arrangements for the National League side.
Good luck to them finding a new venue.

:(
Colin
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

We have a venue for the National League, tbc...
Just the public participation side we cannot do.  :'( :'(
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

26 February 2014, 04:52:51 PM #7 Last Edit: 26 February 2014, 04:56:45 PM by Just a few Orcs
Quote from: mad lemmey on 24 February 2014, 07:46:07 PM
We have a venue for the National League, tbc...

Thats a real shame. Hopfully you can find somewhere suitable for next year.
Quote from: mad lemmey on 24 February 2014, 07:46:07 PM
Just the public participation side we cannot do.  :'( :'(
Is that not just like a games night, or does it class as self abuse? :D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson