Colours 2014

Started by Fenton, 23 January 2014, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandinista

Quote from: Leon on 24 January 2014, 07:09:31 PM
It could be a much improved Warfare if people haven't had their usual shopping fix at Colours?

That seems likely, as for me it is usually one or the other and Colours always won.

I imagine I will make Warfare for the 1st time this year - with a pocket full of pretty green, to spend on some war machines...  ;)

Bernie

Real shame it will not be on - as nice and airy centre and never so busy so you can always have a good chat with the traders and fellow gamers

Steve J

I found Warfare too crowded and disjointed compared to Colours. Also the demo games were not a patch on Colours, which is my primary reason for going to a show. And then there is the small issue of trying to park there...

TinyTerrain

This is a real bugger as I was going to finish off my castle, and use Colours as a chance to give a public airing of my medieval rules,  using my Pendraken 100YW armies  >:(

So what other shows have I got as options......July is out as in the US, but what's in SEPT,  OCT, NOV thats doable from Bristol?

Cheers,

Craig
Tiny Terrain Models
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

nikharwood

Quote from: TinyTerrain on 25 January 2014, 04:15:12 PM
This is a real bugger as I was going to finish off my castle, and use Colours as a chance to give a public airing of my medieval rules,  using my Pendraken 100YW armies  >:(

So what other shows have I got as options......July is out as in the US, but what's in SEPT,  OCT, NOV thats doable from Bristol?

Cheers,

Craig
Tiny Terrain Models

Hmm...time for another Nik/MADfest?  :-\

TinyTerrain

Absolutely Nik, I'll even stay over and bring a bottle of malt  :D
http://www.wargames.blog.co.uk
All Periods, All scales

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

nikharwood

Quote from: TinyTerrain on 25 January 2014, 06:44:18 PM
Absolutely Nik, I'll even stay over and bring a bottle of malt  :D

Oho - now you're talking, Craig. Planning hat *on*... 8)

Leon

Quote from: TinyTerrain on 25 January 2014, 04:15:12 PM

The only other largish show in those months would be Derby, up at Donnington Park.  Still a couple of hours drive, but there's a hotel nearby if you wanted to make a weekend of it.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Eldamarelf

Quote from: Leon on 25 January 2014, 11:25:48 PM
The only other largish show in those months would be Derby, up at Donnington Park.  Still a couple of hours drive, but there's a hotel nearby if you wanted to make a weekend of it.
A Hotel Please send me details want to go for the weekend this year

Tom H :d

Leon

Quote from: Eldamarelf on 18 April 2014, 09:28:29 PM
A Hotel Please send me details want to go for the weekend this year

Tom H :d

We stay at the Premier Inn at East Midlands Airport: http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/EASPTI/east-midlands-airport  It's only 5 minutes drive from the show venue.

There's a Holiday Inn over the road as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Quote from: Leon on 18 April 2014, 09:36:21 PM
We stay at the Premier Inn at East Midlands Airport: http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/EASPTI/east-midlands-airport  It's only 5 minutes drive from the show venue.

There's a Holiday Inn over the road as well.

No wonder they had to put the prices up with this level of extravagance  :o :o :o

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: paulr on 18 April 2014, 10:53:37 PM
No wonder they had to put the prices up with this level of extravagance  :o :o :o

;D

If only!  I have to share a room with Dave, and it's not a pretty sight!

I tend to book all of the hotels at least 6 months in advance, to try and get the best deals they've got.  Last year the Derby hotel was only £65 for the two of us for two nights, which wasn't bad.

Fenton

The last time I was at Derby I had a hotel overlooking Pride Park...Quite a few years ago now though
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!