Colours 2014

Started by Fenton, 23 January 2014, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

Was reading on TMP this is not going ahead

No idea why though
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Steve J

Funny as Craig (Tiny Terrain) received the form for those putting on demo games a week or so ago ???.

Steve J

Forgot to add that this is my favourite wargames show and will be very sad if it doesn't go ahead this year :'(.

Leon

I've seen the thread on TMP about this, but not sure what to make of it yet?  I'd have thought that they'd make a proper announcement if the show wasn't going to be on, rather than a short email which only a few people seem to have received?

There is mention on TMP that the Racecourse has had a change of management, which could be something to do with it.  I've sent out some emails to other traders to try and find out what's going on.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Does seem strange that they didn't inform the traders by personal/group e-mail. Ditto the gaming clubs etc that they'd just sent the forms to.

Steve J

And a bit more to add to the broth of intrigue...

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=333625

A sad day if this is true as Craig and I had already planned our demo table :(.

Fenton

"Newbury and Reading wargames club have decided to take a break from Colours in 2014 but plan to return in 2015

Newbury and Reading Wargames Society would like to confirm that Colours 2014 will not be taking place.
This has been a hard decision to take as we all enjoy running the show and making it a success. However over recent years the success at Colours has seen it grow to a size were we as a club have struggled to run the show as smoothly and successfully as we would like. This in conjunction with other issues have forced us to take a real look at what events we as a club can run.
Rather than carry on regardless and risk a real disaster befalling the show, we have taken the hard decision to not have a Colours in 2014.
We will instead use 2014 as a time to review and plan for 2015.
We hope to have your understanding at this time and your support in the future

For the absence of doubt Colours' sister show "A Call to Arms" will be running on 15th February 2014 as planned. We look forward to seeing you there"
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Fenton on 24 January 2014, 10:08:13 AM

"Newbury and Reading wargames club have decided to take a break from Colours in 2014 but plan to return in 2015

Newbury and Reading Wargames Society would like to confirm that Colours 2014 will not be taking place.
This has been a hard decision to take as we all enjoy running the show and making it a success. However over recent years the success at Colours has seen it grow to a size were we as a club have struggled to run the show as smoothly and successfully as we would like. This in conjunction with other issues have forced us to take a real look at what events we as a club can run.
Rather than carry on regardless and risk a real disaster befalling the show, we have taken the hard decision to not have a Colours in 2014.
We will instead use 2014 as a time to review and plan for 2015.
We hope to have your understanding at this time and your support in the future

For the absence of doubt Colours' sister show "A Call to Arms" will be running on 15th February 2014 as planned. We look forward to seeing you there"

That's a real shame, always enjoy Colours  :(
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Leon

Yep, all gone it would seem.  I hope they are able to regroup for 2015, as it's the 2nd biggest show of the year for us.  Hopefully they won't lose the venue as well, as the Racecourse may want to fill that slot in their calendar.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Womble67

That a shame I've never been tho lets keep our fingers crossed for next year

take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

For anyone in the South-West, there appears to be a new show, slightly more boardgame and RPG oriented, taking place the weekend after Colours would have been.  There's a Facebook for it, called Dragondaze: https://www.facebook.com/DragondazeCon

Sandinista

24 January 2014, 06:57:44 PM #12 Last Edit: 24 January 2014, 07:01:26 PM by Sandinista
As Colours is not happening are you likely to add another southern show to the list? Bovington perhaps?
It may be the last one...

Steve J

QuoteYep, all gone it would seem.  I hope they are able to regroup for 2015, as it's the 2nd biggest show of the year for us.  Hopefully they won't lose the venue as well, as the Racecourse may want to fill that slot in their calendar.

Fingers crossed for next year. I'm certainly going to miss it as it was always a great day out, a chance to catch up with familiar faces and friends as well as a tour of the show and the demo games. Now I'm not sure if I'll get to a show this year as Warfare was so disappointing last year... :(.

Leon

Quote from: Sandinista on 24 January 2014, 06:57:44 PM
As Colours is not happening are you likely to add another southern show to the list? Bovington perhaps?

I doubt we'll be at Bovington, Dave went for several years and the costs just increased to the point where it wasn't viable anymore.

Quote from: Steve J on 24 January 2014, 07:06:49 PM
Now I'm not sure if I'll get to a show this year as Warfare was so disappointing last year... :(.

It could be a much improved Warfare if people haven't had their usual shopping fix at Colours?