"Morphing Artillery"

Started by Orosay, 16 January 2014, 10:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orosay

Let's face it, 99% of our requests are never going to be viable commercially for the company. Accepting that, does anyone have any suggestions for models from other ranges that are "something like" in appearance to 150mm German FH18 or M1937 152mm Russian gun/howitzer? I am thinking of using British 5.5" for the Russian gun, but struggling with the German.
Same question for Russian 37mm AA gun - is the 40mm bofors from the british range close enough? (I am not pedantic!!)

Ithoriel

I'm using a couple fo Brit Bofors as Russian 37mm AA.

Since most of my opponents would be hard pressed to tell a bofors from a buffalo I get no complaints :)

Seriously, in 10mm scale it's perfectly obvious what it is and what it's meant to be.

That said, I still live in hope of seeing a 10mm scale 204mm tracked howitzer for my Russians one day.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Albie Bach

I believe Pendraken are bringing out a new model for the 37mm AA gun soon but at the moment I use the Bofors.
For the 152mm Howitzer there are SV25 & SV25a.
For the German artillery, I count that as off-table so I haven't got a model for that.
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

kustenjaeger

Greetings

There are Soviet 152mm ML20 and 122mm A19 guns made by another 10mm manufacturer if you are really desperate. 

Edward