Previous topic - Next topic

What should Grips paint and enter?

Mongolian Archers
Mongolian Death Worms
Mongolian Peasants
Minotaurs
Something not beginning with M

Leon

I voted for Archers, as I think they're fantastic sculpts, liked them as soon as they arrived from Techno.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

get2grips

Quote from: Leon on 15 January 2014, 07:54:33 PM
I voted for Archers, as I think they're fantastic sculpts, liked them as soon as they arrived from Techno.

8)

Agreed :)

They just "look right".

Also, I thought the peasants would make a nice contrast; can't see many folks going for them ;)

Techno

Quote from: get2grips on 15 January 2014, 08:00:50 PM
They just "look right".

I thought I made them all looking to the left.....But you never know with my erm....oh whatsitcalled....thingy....MEMORY. ;)
Cheers - Phil.

Fenton

15 January 2014, 08:20:01 PM #33 Last Edit: 15 January 2014, 08:22:12 PM by Fenton
I voted for peasants as I thought Grips would have the  experience and knowledge  in giving these a really good paint job
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

get2grips

Quote from: Fenton on 15 January 2014, 08:20:01 PM
I voted for peasants as I thought Grips would have the  experience and knowledge  in giving these a really good paint job

;D

Your point being... :P

Fenton

Quote from: get2grips on 15 January 2014, 10:25:20 PM
;D

Your point being... :P

Ummmmmmmm....................So what do think FSN will do with this Panto thing?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

get2grips

Quote from: Fenton on 15 January 2014, 10:31:03 PM
Ummmmmmmm....................
:P

Quote from: Fenton on 15 January 2014, 10:31:03 PM
So what do think FSN will do with this Panto thing?
This is FSN we're talking here...

Depends upon several factors:

1)  The phase of the moon;
2)  The quantity of pills consumed;
3)  How many turrets he's lost;
4)  How bored he is;
5)  Which part of his multi-dimensional personality is in the driving seat today.

I have a formula where:
M = moon cycle
C = pills consumed
T = turrets
B = boredom
P = personality

Therefor:  Pantomime =  (M+C)3 + T2 x B / P

get2grips

Oh Yeah!!!

I've just finished painting a 4000 point Empire army for a WM battle on Saturday.  Time to finish off my competition entries.

I'm going for:

Mongolian peasants (different);
Mongolian archers (awesome sculpts);
Minotaurs (one of PD's best fantasy casts IMHO).

Hoorah :) :) :)