Show: Salute, London

Started by Leon, 07 January 2014, 01:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

fred.

Very go of looking banners!

Great choice of subject matter (well I would say that, with them being my tanks!)

Would it be a problem it I said that the 3rd Sherman from the back is Minifigs?

(No it's not. Really.)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Fenton

Quote from: fred    12df on 13 April 2014, 01:52:34 PM

Would it be a problem it I said that the 3rd Sherman from the back is Minifigs?

I think I heard Leon having a 'moment'
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Steve J

Great banners and the tag line is just right :).

paulr

Great banner, I particularly like the squarer one with the painting competition winners showing some of the 'choice'  ;) :)

I'm surprised fsn hasn't commented on the top right picture yet  ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Banner looks absolutely belting !!
Cheers - Phil

Leon

Great day at Salute, and the new stand looked really nice.  It was more spacious as well, so the stand wasn't all crammed like it was last year.  Takings were up slightly, about 10% of so, which is the whole point of the day I suppose!

And now that it's been unveiled, I can say a big thanks to Fred for the banner image, we've got a lot of use out of that picture!  I'm hoping he might get some of those nice WW1 figures onto a table so we can get another pic...  :D

There's been a load of opinions on Salute knocking about, but a lack of pictures it would seem?  Here's a couple of sets:

- Shedwars blog: http://shedwars.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/salute-2014-pictures.html
- Wargaming Gallimaufry blog: http://wargaminggallimaufry.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/salute-photos.html
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dave

I think what made the stand was me staying there all day and not falling a sleep!! 8)

Dave

Dave

Quote from: Hertsblue on 13 April 2014, 11:07:58 AM
There were two, actually....

I must admit, I was impressed.  :-bd
how come I'm not in the picture >:(

Dave

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

fred.

Quote from: Leon on 15 April 2014, 07:33:46 PM
And now that it's been unveiled, I can say a big thanks to Fred for the banner image, we've got a lot of use out of that picture!  I'm hoping he might get some of those nice WW1 figures onto a table so we can get another pic...  :D

Its great to see it blown up so big - should get to see it in person at Phalanx   :-bd

Need to get a few more WWI painted, and find the right ground cloth for WWI - don't think the grassy swathes will work so well with muddy bases!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

Quote from: fred    12df on 15 April 2014, 09:21:06 PM
Its great to see it blown up so big - should get to see it in person at Phalanx   :-bd

Need to get a few more WWI painted, and find the right ground cloth for WWI - don't think the grassy swathes will work so well with muddy bases!

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

Quote from: Fenton on 15 April 2014, 08:50:46 PM
Always the voice of logic

If not accuracy.

I think you were away from the stand at the time. Leon quickly beetled out of shot, although in fairness he was standing in front of the square banner at the time.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

fsn

Quote from: Hertsblue on 16 April 2014, 10:17:08 AM
I think you were away from the stand at the time.

Or under it snoozing away the "networking" he had consumed?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

Quote from: fsn on 16 April 2014, 10:19:39 AM
Or under it snoozing away the "networking" he had consumed?

I now understand what LAN stands for ...Liquid Afternoon Nourishment