Show: Salute, London

Started by Leon, 07 January 2014, 01:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Orcs

Quote from: paulr on 22 February 2014, 07:59:43 AM
So for one from the Antipodeas who can only dream of a show with 7 traders, let alone 17 ... What is the difference between a bring & buy (which we have down here) and Tabletop sales?

I might suggest it to a couple of event organisers here as our bring & buys are mostly crap as well  :(

A Table top sale an individual rents a table in units of 30 mins or an hour for a nominal fee. He displays his stuff and hopefully sells it to interested puinters.

The advantages as I see it over a bring and buy are.

1 The organisers dont bag all the good stuff - sometimes teling you they had to take the offer price.
2 Bring and buys take 10% (usually) of the price as a fee, so more expensive stuff costs you more in fees.
3 You do not have to leave your stuff with people who will not take any responsibility if its stolen or damages ( Some good clubs do try to compensate you if this happens)
4 As the seller only has a limited time to sell they are more likely to take a sensible offer
5 As the seller will only be there a limited time you have to decide if you want it and come to an agreed price
6 As a seller you do not have to wait until the end of the day to get your money, so you can "re-invest it"
7 You can actually see the goods on the table rather than having to see whats in the box below the three shoeboxes and a box file.
8 Organiser  do not have to book in hundreds of items or check the list the seller has pore-filled does actually tie up with what they are being given.
9 You can speak to the seller to confim what manufacturer the figures are or what colours he used so you can get additional units that match
10 The main dissadvantage is you have to keep going back to the table top sale as the stuff changes ever half hour or hour. - A one way system helps this and stops the Bring and Buy Scrum.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

paulr

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 22 February 2014, 10:14:10 PM
A Table top sale an individual rents a table in units of 30 mins or an hour for a nominal fee. He displays his stuff and hopefully sells it to interested puinters.

<snip useful info>

Many thanks Orcs,

an interesting approach. It looks like our bring and buys are a bit different to yours. Basically you bring your stuff and put it on the B&B table. On the label for your stuff you note which competition you are playing in and your name. Prospective buyers come & find you and the negotiations begin. Very much an honesty system.

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

HPFlashman

Urk, will be hitting London the Wednesday after....  :'(
Best regards,

Harry

Pavlovs_Dog

I'd  like to pick up some Pendraken stuff from  Salute next month ,   Should I put my shopping list in an email or   via the online store?
Thanks in advance ,

Jerry 

Leon

Quote from: Pavlovs_Dog on 24 March 2014, 02:36:39 PM
I'd  like to pick up some Pendraken stuff from  Salute next month ,   Should I put my shopping list in an email or   via the online store?
Thanks in advance ,

Jerry  

If you pop it through to the usual email (d.pengilley @ btinternet.com) and we'll get it cast up for the show.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Pavlovs_Dog

Quote from: Leon on 24 March 2014, 02:38:17 PM
If you pop it through to the usual email (d.pengilley @ btinternet.com) and we'll get it cast up for the show.

8)

Many thanks for the quick response.  I will send a list through later on this week.

all the best,

Jerry

Leon

Quote from: Pavlovs_Dog on 24 March 2014, 02:51:55 PM
Many thanks for the quick response.  I will send a list through later on this week.

all the best,

Jerry

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mart678

Hi Leon

Will see you at Salute first time I have been meeting a mate I was in army with he is over from Canada, also will drop of the latest masters for you

regards
Martin

Leon

Quote from: mart678 on 08 April 2014, 04:05:05 PM
Will see you at Salute first time I have been meeting a mate I was in army with he is over from Canada, also will drop of the latest masters for you

Excellent, we'll see you there!

8)

Bernie

Hi Leon/Dave et al

Good luck with your journey down from Smoggy-land

Hope you have a great show - hope to see you at our ECW game as well as we are using your figures!

Hertsblue

We're also there, doing Kuki Piquet - Game 3 of our Kohima 1944 series - also with Pendraken figures.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Quote from: Bernie on 08 April 2014, 06:24:32 PM
Hope you have a great show - hope to see you at our ECW game as well as we are using your figures!

Quote from: Hertsblue on 08 April 2014, 07:24:17 PM
We're also there, doing Kuki Piquet - Game 3 of our Kohima 1944 series - also with Pendraken figures.

Excellent, I'll try and get over before the show opens, as I probably won't get off the stand again until after 3pm.  If you've got a game table location code thingy, let me know, as it'll save me wandering aimlessly about!

Bernie

Hi Leon

We are at GL04 - I will drop by as well to say "Hi" and to pick up a few catalogues to hand out to gamers who will be interested in buying 10mm from your stand

Hertsblue

Quote from: Leon on 08 April 2014, 07:35:01 PM
Excellent, I'll try and get over before the show opens, as I probably won't get off the stand again until after 3pm.  If you've got a game table location code thingy, let me know, as it'll save me wandering aimlessly about!

We're at GM 14
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Leon

Quote from: Bernie on 09 April 2014, 07:48:30 AM
We are at GL04 - I will drop by as well to say "Hi" and to pick up a few catalogues to hand out to gamers who will be interested in buying 10mm from your stand

Quote from: Hertsblue on 09 April 2014, 09:36:02 AM
We're at GM 14

Excellent, I'll try and head by before the doors open.