Show: Vapnartak, York

Started by Leon, 07 January 2014, 01:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Womble67

Quote from: Nick the Lemming on 06 February 2014, 03:09:19 PM
I use the same name on just about all the for I visit, so I'd just wear a sticker with my name on it. That way others from other fora would recognise me too and say hi / punch me inna face.

I agree use our forums names but where can you get one badge from

take care

andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

You used to be able to get clear plastic, oblong shaped 'sleeve type' badges with a safety pin on the back.
All you had to do, was slide in a piece of card.....With or without a pre-printed logo....have a space for a hand written name..and 'job done'.

Those might work if they're still available. :-\
Cheers - Phil

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: Techno on 07 February 2014, 04:48:05 PM
You used to be able to get clear plastic, oblong shaped 'sleeve type' badges with a safety pin on the back.
All you had to do, was slide in a piece of card.....With or without a pre-printed logo....have a space for a hand written name..and 'job done'.

Those might work if they're still available. :-\
Cheers - Phil

You can usually pick them up really easily, they also do ones with lanyards on (we use them at conferences a lot). If you can't find them, getting clear plastic card holders and taping a pin to the back works too.

get2grips

Sod it, I'm coming as my Avatar :D :-\ :-&

Hertsblue

Quote from: get2grips on 08 February 2014, 12:55:27 AM
Sod it, I'm coming as my Avatar :D :-\ :-&

Yep, where can I pick up a horsehair beard?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

get2grips

08 February 2014, 12:29:39 PM #35 Last Edit: 08 February 2014, 12:37:10 PM by get2grips
Quote from: Hertsblue on 08 February 2014, 09:47:33 AM
Yep, where can I pick up a horsehair beard?

;D ;D ;D

You think YOU'VE got issues sourcing your costume :o :o :o

Anyone got directions to the nearest Bondage Shop?

I absolutely DREAD the response this is going to get... X_X

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Well er........Private Shops do a range

And I'm going to get even worse.......

Leon  :D ;) ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

nikharwood

Quote from: Matt of Munslow on 05 February 2014, 05:11:04 PM
Everyone dress as their avatar.

Nik -  er himself

Simples. Baseball cap + beer  :D

get2grips

nikharwood

Quote from: get2grips on 08 February 2014, 08:43:47 PM
That'll get a few looks :D

I'm used to that - everyone knows us baseball-cap-wearing-beer-drinking gamers get all the top totty  ;)

Leon

I'm thinking more of some type of simple badge with a logo of sorts, so folk aren't walking around with their name emblazened across their fronts, but we can all still identify each other...?   :-\
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

09 February 2014, 11:26:27 AM #41 Last Edit: 09 February 2014, 11:38:32 AM by fsn
How about a sash with merit badges? I'd already have the "over 30lb lead mountain", "ordered it and forgot what for" and "Centurion lover" badge. There could be "Painting Comp Entrant", "Painting Comp Winner", "Painting Comp Patronised" badges; "LoA and Proud", "Favoured by Dark Lord",  and "Over 250 Tank" badges, and many, many more.

Of course you'd need a rank badge too. Perhaps colour coding - pale blue for cadets up to crimson for staff ranks.

The future Pendraken forum member attending a show could look something like this ...

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: fsn on 09 February 2014, 11:26:27 AM
The future Pendraken forum member attending a show could look something like this ...

Pretty sure most forum members are a different age, gender and weight class and will never look like that :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

GordonY

Lets all move to FSN world then.