Pendraken Painting Competition 2014!

Started by Leon, 06 January 2014, 01:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scolty

Hi Guys - can anyone help a useless luddite!

After many months of lurking I thought I should start to post more as I work my way through a couple of ACW armies. What better way to start than entering the painting competition I thought. I didn't take into account that my knowledge of blogs, etc. is v. poor. I worked out that I should open a photobucket account and upload my pictures there. Job done. Unfortunately, I need step-by-step instructions to get them onto the forum!! Check out my first effort under the single base entries!
Somebody, please take pity on an old duffer.
Thanks in anticipation...

Scolty

:-[

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Once your in photobucket, click on your chosen picture within an album.
It should now be the only visible picture (ignoring adverts)
There will be four boxes to the right with code in.
Click on the bottom one.
It will autocopy for you.
Paste into the forum thread you want.
Repeat as necessary.
Post.
Hope that helps.
Will
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Scolty

Many thanks for swift reply Will - Photobucket won't let me back in! Will leave it for a while and hopefully get these pics on the forum before the deadline!

Thanks again.

Scolty

paulr

The other option is to email the pictures to Leon
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Genom

Well finally it's done, I've settled for the best pics I can manage. And just like the last time now that I see the close ups I can see all the errors, but they look good on the table where the Mega Pixel means jack.

Good luck all.

Leon

Quote from: Scolty on 27 February 2014, 09:35:22 PM
Many thanks for swift reply Will - Photobucket won't let me back in! Will leave it for a while and hopefully get these pics on the forum before the deadline!

If you get stuck tomorrow, email them over to me and I can upload them for you, no bother at all.  All you'd need to do is make a post in the relevant category, saying 'Entry 1, French line, Pics to come.' or something to that effect.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Scolty

Thanks everyone!

I'm having problems with photobucket - so will email pics tonight. Hope that is OK Leon!

Cheers,

Eric

Scolty

Apologies everyone!

Looks like my pics WERE transferred across last night.
Still not sure how it happened!

Scolty
(still baffled and confused)

:-[ :-[ :-[

O Dinas Powys

Well, one entry in!

Fingers crossed I can get the Raptor Riders sorted this evening  :-/

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Leon

Quote from: Scolty on 28 February 2014, 01:45:06 PM
Looks like my pics WERE transferred across last night.
Still not sure how it happened!

I pulled the image links from your post and edited the pics on to the Forum.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sebigboss79

Quote from: Leon on 28 February 2014, 02:25:36 PM
I pulled the image links from your post and edited the pics on to the Forum.

8)

And thanks for the edit in my case as well. :D

Leon

Leon

I've just edited in all the various pictures we've been sent for the competition, so please make sure to check your entry to make sure you're happy with it!  I've also gone through all the others and resized where necessary, so let me know if there's any I've missed!

Only a few hours to go now, and we've passed last years total so far.  Another 2 entries and we'll have broken the 200 entry mark!

8)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Vehicles thread was nice and quiet, now on it's third page!
Should have entered my Argentine Panhards too!  ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

hetairoi

I planned an indian chariot... But there´s not enough time!!!  :'(
http://hetairoiwargames.blogspot.com.es/

2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2013 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - Winner!