Pendraken Painting Competition 2014!

Started by Leon, 06 January 2014, 01:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: hetairoi on 17 January 2014, 01:11:23 PM
Another one: if I do an entry on the Open-Army! category, can I use one or two of these units in order to participate on other categories?

Yes, that's fine, you can enter the same figures in the Army category, and the individual categories.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Can we have a separate category for Mongols this year? ;)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

I will not be entering the painting competition as I do not posess the "Shrinking Machine" that I am suire the winners last years used to shrink a well painted 28mm Figures down to 10mm, as I am sure they could noy have got that level of detail on a 10mm casting.

I shall enjoy drooling over the said shrunken figures though  :)

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

goat major

actually i think if we have a 'growth machine' that transformed Pendraken figures into larger scales then there may be more than a few humbled 28mm manufacturers out there....
My blog: https://goatmajor.org.uk/
My twitting: http://twitter.com/goatmajor

2014 Painting Competition - Winner!

get2grips

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 24 January 2014, 09:35:26 AM
I will not be entering the painting competition as I do not posess the "Shrinking Machine" that I am suire the winners last years used to shrink a well painted 28mm Figures down to 10mm, as I am sure they could noy have got that level of detail on a 10mm casting.

I shall enjoy drooling over the said shrunken figures though  :)

Shame :(

Think you should have a go anyway; more for the fun of the thing ;)

Orcs

Quote from: get2grips on 24 January 2014, 09:43:26 AM

True, but I know that my painting skills are way below most of last years entries.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Womble67

Quote from: get2grips on 24 January 2014, 09:43:26 AM

I totally agree if you have some toys painted then by all means enter them. Thats the thing with competitions you never no just coz you dont like your painting doesn't mean the judges wont

take care

andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

get2grips

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 24 January 2014, 10:29:41 AM
True, but I know that my painting skills are way below most of last years entries.

In YOUR opinion AND who cares anyway???

No-one is going to take the p!$$ and it's fun.

Go for it! ;)

Techno

Matt J

also if you feel your painting skills don't hold up well under close scrutiny enter some 'in action' army shots into the 'anything goes catergory'. Ranks and ranks of 10mm on a well presented battlefield always look good.

It is also nice to see painted examples from the different ranges. The more people who enter the better.
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

petercooman

Is it februari already? The stuff is piling up you know....

:P :P :P :P

Bishop Lord

Oh Bugger. it I say I will enter it every year and never do But I'm going to give the command stand bit a go. First chap painted this evening, Medieval of course :)

" there is no more Jerusalem, I shall go to Cyprus..."

Bishop Lord

Is the 'Open Anything goes' section as mentioned in the 'Prize's section', the same as 'Open Army' section as mentioned in the 'Painting Competition Section'
What I'm saying is, can a command stand be entered in the 'single Stand section' anything goes' as well as the 'anything goes section' as the word 'Army' has been added in the 'Painting Section and omitted in the 'Prizes section':-\ :'( :o

Thanks for any advise from the organizers
Jason 'the section' Stokes :)
" there is no more Jerusalem, I shall go to Cyprus..."

Leon

Quote from: Bishop Lord on 29 January 2014, 08:04:25 AM
Is the 'Open Anything goes' section as mentioned in the 'Prize's section', the same as 'Open Army' section as mentioned in the 'Painting Competition Section'
What I'm saying is, can a command stand be entered in the 'single Stand section' anything goes' as well as the 'anything goes section' as the word 'Army' has been added in the 'Painting Section and omitted in the 'Prizes section':-\ :'( :o

Thanks for any advise from the organizers
Jason 'the section' Stokes :)

Thanks for the query, the different titles was a typo by me when I've copied the 2013 Prizes thread as a base.  The 'Single Base' category is for anything under 100x100mm base size, and the 'Army' category is for anything over that.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I have decided to continue a small tradition on my part  from the last two years.
Only units painted during February shall make up my entries.

The reason... Its more of a challenge. Its an incentive to do something different and, most importantly...
You lot MUST be bored of my usual stuff by now!  :P
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner