Pendraken Painting Competition 2014!

Started by Leon, 06 January 2014, 01:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasar42

Cool. Something to consider perhaps for the next time: It would be nice to have a category between single base and army for multi-stand units (e.g. Warmaster, Black Powder etc) or allow bigger multi-stand units in what is currently the single stand category. It seems to me, looking at a whole unit (rather than a single stand) is where 10mm stands out. On the other hand a unit will be "drowned out" in the army category.

Matt J

started prep work on some entries last night. I think it will be a tough one the standard will be even higher this year.
Best of luck to all!
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Fenton

I dont think Kev should be allowed to enter!  :P
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

sebigboss79

Tobbe

I'd second the vote for a unit class, Regiment, Brigade, etc of 20-50 figures since that is where 10mm truly shines.

That said I'll see if I can find a decent colour guard stand or two to submit.
I'm about to embark on the fool's mission of setting up Battle of the Auroch Hills with 10mm figures as well as building a scale model of the battleground. Maybe next year.

Leon

The unit category has been requested before, but we're wary of diluting the categories down too much.  And it means finding more companies to put in prizes as well!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

WeeWars

A close look at last year's winners and you'll see entries with two bases rather than one and more than two images submitted so I imagine the judging is quite relaxed so long as entries stay within the figure numbers allowed.  :-\  I wouldn't want folk not entering for the sake of a few millimetres or the lack of a movement tray.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: WeeWars on 07 January 2014, 09:19:12 PM
A close look at last year's winners and you'll see entries with two bases rather than one and more than two images submitted so I imagine the judging is quite relaxed so long as entries stay within the figure numbers allowed.  :-\  I wouldn't want folk not entering for the sake of a few millimetres or the lack of a movement tray.

We usually allow a couple of bases to be in shot, as long as they are still within the maximum base sizes in the rules.  There shouldn't be any with more than two images though, except for the 'Open - Army' category which is allowed 5, or if they've created a montage image themselves.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

WeeWars

Ah, my mistake. A montage counts as one image.

An idea might be just to limit figure numbers. Last year some of my figures weren't even based  :o  but the rules stipulate bases and movement trays.

Leon

Quote from: WeeWars on 08 January 2014, 02:09:17 AM
An idea might be just to limit figure numbers. Last year some of my figures weren't even based  :o  but the rules stipulate bases and movement trays.

You can still enter them, one guy last year stood his loose painted figures in a load of sand and photo'd them there.

get2grips

andymac

Looking forward to seeing the entries, each year the over all standard gets better and better  :D and the job for the judges gets harder and harder  :'(.

Good luck to you all.
Andy Mac
Andy Macs Photobucket - http://s347.photobucket.com/home/Andymacs

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

cardophillipo

I'm in, just one question I know it says only Pendraken figures but in the open base category would it be ok to include a terrain piece from another manufacturer as long as all the figures are Pendraken?

Cheers

Richard

WeeWars

Quote from: cardophillipo on 08 January 2014, 09:41:35 AM
I'm in, just one question I know it says only Pendraken figures but in the open base category would it be ok to include a terrain piece from another manufacturer as long as all the figures are Pendraken?

Cheers

Richard

Yes.

Quote from: get2grips on 08 January 2014, 08:03:35 AM
Even Rocky had a montage :D

And don't forget the A-Team.

Quote from: Leon on 08 January 2014, 03:14:04 AM
You can still enter them, one guy last year stood his loose painted figures in a load of sand and photo'd them there.

I think that was me.

www.michaelscott.name/1809/1809blogpost74.htm#x:74