Pendraken Painting Competition 2014!

Started by Leon, 06 January 2014, 01:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

06 January 2014, 01:27:49 AM Last Edit: 23 January 2014, 05:07:59 AM by Leon

Last year we had 195 top quality entries, and we're really looking forward to seeing what this year holds!  Hopefully, it will be even bigger and better, with more entries and more prizes!

As always, the competition will be running throughout February, with the closing deadline being at midnight on Fri 28th Feb.  That gives everyone loads of time to get their orders in and get their entries painted up!

The basic rules will be the same as last year, with the usual 7 categories, so there should be a suitable home for every entry!  As with last year, each entry is allowed 2 images, except for the 'Open Army!' category, which is allowed up to 5 images.

Categories:

Foot - Pre-20th C. - Min: 3 / Max: 16 figures on a single base, and pre-1900.
Foot - 20th C. - Min: 3 / Max: 16 figures on a single base/movement tray.
Mounted - Min: 3 / Max: 10 figures on a single base/movement tray.
Vehicle - Single vehicle on or off base.
Fantasy & Sci-Fi - Anything Fantasy or Sci-Fi oriented, maximum base/movement tray size of 60x60mm
Open - Single Base - Anything which doesn't fit into the other categories, with a max base size of 100x100mm.  Includes single figures, artillery bases, command stands, etc.
Open - Army! - Armies, Units, Dungeons, whole table setups, anything!

If you're unsure which category to put your entry in, let us know what it is, and we'll point you in the right direction!

Rules  - Please Read!

- Firstly, all figures must be Pendraken.  Conversions are allowed, but only on our figures.

1. You must be a Forum member to enter, but other than that, everyone is welcome!

2. You may enter as many times as you like but each entry is only allowed 2 images (except for the 'Army!' category, see below).  You can also combine several shots into a montage if you wish, but still limited to two overall images.  If you have any difficulty posting pics, they can be emailed to Pendraken and we'll put them up for you.  We'll also be linking some good photo tutorials closer to the start date.

3. The 'Open - Army!' category may have 5 photo's, as it's difficult to cover a whole army with just a single photo!  You can also still put several images together into a montage if you would prefer that.

4. All entries must be your own work, and have not been entered into any online competitions before.

5. Entries should have been completed in the last 12 months.

6. You can post WIP photo's if you wish, and you can also post extra photo's of your work elsewhere on the Forum.  These will not count towards your competition entry.

7. The winners will be decided by a team of judges (to be announced very soon!).  Entries will be judged on the painting first and foremost, but remember that effective basing can make a nice entry look even better.

8. Competition threads will be created on the opening date, purely for your entries.

9. Pendraken may use your pics in future promo/marketing, catalogue covers or web pics.  Entering gives your permission for your pics to be used.

We're working hard to get some great prizes lined up, both from Pendraken and elsewhere, and we'll be announcing those in the next week or so!  Remember, the opening day for entries is 1st Feb, which gives you just enough time to get any figures ordered, grab your brushes and get busy!  We've seen some great work displayed on the Forum over the past 12 months, so we're hoping to see some of it making an appearance in the Competition!

If there's any questions, let us know!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Maenoferren

I had better get practicing....at taking photos... never mind painting  :-[
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Steve J

Excellent :). Not a cat in hells chance of winning but fun looking at all the great entries.

Womble67

Looking forward to taking part I've got quite a few entries lined up from anglo zulu war to world war ii not that I stand any chance with the painting skills of some of this forums members

take care

andy

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I shall enter.
The quality last year was incredible. Will spread the word.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

get2grips

This is my New Year's mission :-bd

I have also just completed my new "man cave" which will make photography considerably easier :D

petercooman

Yes!

I need a 'drive' for getting some stuff painted!

sebigboss79

I am in with an Aliens, a Colonial Marines and possibly a Dark Elf army I am working on :D

Is fsn in with all his 5,000 Centurions?  :d

petercooman

Jc

Count me in again this year, perhaps alien  v predator or my bugs army,for something different,and a better camera.

fred.

Cool - the painting comp is always good fun.

Hope to pick up a place this year, after last year's drought  :'(

Though having just seen the base size limitations, some of my recent stuff isn't going to be eligible  :(
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Genom

Does it count if I only finish it this year? (Started my BKC Germans about 2 years ago, only got 3 tiger tanks to go!)

Otherwise, it's always good to see and get inspiration from the entries.

WeeWars

Quote from: Genom on 06 January 2014, 11:58:40 PM
Does it count if I only finish it this year? (Started my BKC Germans about 2 years ago, only got 3 tiger tanks to go!)

Otherwise, it's always good to see and get inspiration from the entries.

New to the tabletop sounds okay to me.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

Quote from: fred    12df on 06 January 2014, 10:09:34 PM
Cool - the painting comp is always good fun.

Hope to pick up a place this year, after last year's drought  :'(

Though having just seen the base size limitations, some of my recent stuff isn't going to be eligible  :(

Everything's eligible in the Open category.  :D
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: fred    12df on 06 January 2014, 10:09:34 PM

What size bases are they on?

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!