Fred's 2014 Painting Diary

Started by fred., 02 January 2014, 09:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Thanks chaps, I see the campaign to re-instate marvellous is doing well  :D

Nik - the gnomes are funny little figures, I want them as earth creatures for which they work very well as - not quite sure what they are designed to be, as they are very squat, mainly unclothed, and have a couple of different sizes amongst the 4 castings.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Marvellous idea, and marvellous news about marvellous; I'm sure it will go marvellously.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

Quote from: fred    12df on 31 August 2014, 09:19:20 AM

Nik - the gnomes are funny little figures, I want them as earth creatures for which they work very well as - not quite sure what they are designed to be, as they are very squat, mainly unclothed, and have a couple of different sizes amongst the 4 castings.

That's marvellous.

toxicpixie

Having seen those piccies I was hoping for a Gnome with sling, but there isn't one sadly! Nice paint job, cracking little pointy eared fae-goblin sort of critters :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

fred.

Quote from: toxicpixie on 31 August 2014, 10:33:55 AM
little pointy eared fae-goblin sort of critters
Which is the best description of them!

There is another type of gnome figure in the Accessories range, with a wide brimmed tall pointy hat (gandalf style hat) - while I think they have hand weapons not slings, they might be more what you are looking for, which would be marvellous.

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Ithoriel

Fred, you are a marvel and I marvel at your marvellous painting skill and these marvellous little chaps are well up to your usual marvellous standard.

The goblinoids are marvellously brown ( perhaps a little too marvellously uniformly brown for my taste, even for earth-critters) but the marvellous water elementals are truly marvellous and the marvellous unicorns are marvellously painted too.

Marvellous!

P.S. I think the EU "marvellous" lake may be pretty well drained now ;)  I'm off to make some toast, grab some pickle and make a dent in the EU cheese mountain :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

Quote from: fred    12df on 31 August 2014, 11:05:33 AM
Which is the best description of them!

There is another type of gnome figure in the Accessories range, with a wide brimmed tall pointy hat (gandalf style hat) - while I think they have hand weapons not slings, they might be more what you are looking for, which would be marvellous.

I want about twenty slingers for a Warmaster Albion army, which is actually representing the Fae Court of Spring and has a Celtic-ish elf barbarian flavour - will be using some Celts for the warband and I've got trolls in woad for the warped warriors (ogres), and want some sneaky goblin/gnome types for slingers. Or I might do centaurs with bows, only a couple to a base...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Ithoriel

Quote from: toxicpixie on 31 August 2014, 03:39:34 PM
I want about twenty slingers for a Warmaster Albion army, which is actually representing the Fae Court of Spring and has a Celtic-ish elf barbarian flavour - will be using some Celts for the warband and I've got trolls in woad for the warped warriors (ogres), and want some sneaky goblin/gnome types for slingers. Or I might do centaurs with bows, only a couple to a base...

Leon, since we're talking about Warmaster Albion any plans to release the Fimm/ Fomorians/ Balori/ Trevors/ Whatever that were mentioned last year. I realise there's a long line of stuff on the "to be released" list but I would like to replace my GW Ogres, with the race I actually wanted to include when I wrote the list, eventually.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fred.

Slightly bigger stuff painted this weekend, in both cases ably assisted by my smallest assistant

Sheds x 2

The start of a WWI trench mat / muddied ground area. This is about 2 to 2.5' wide to go over a standard green mat, with the idea to represent the most churned up area of the trenches. It is an ikea felt underlay mat, with acrylic paint mixed on to it.
I was attempting to follow the method here http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=68458.0 - but I think the paint was a bit thick, and perhaps the room a bit warm. It was hard to mix the paint directly on the mat, we ended up diluting the paint down a bit, and painting it on.

I did manage to spray a batch of 10mm figures, Royal Naval Division, I might even get a coat of dark blue on them now!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

That's so cool!
Two sheds!! ;)
And the trenchline idea is great too.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Two sheds, and I think you can see pretty much all the clear floor space in both of them in that photo  :-X

fred.

Made a start on the RND chaps, heavy dry brush of Night Blue, puttees in Kakhi

Leman

Got to get me some of them for Antwerp.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fred.

Bit more work on the RND chaps

painted the sailor neck cloth things (do these have a proper name?) and the officers in army uniforms.

Trying to decide if I can be bothered to do the webbing in black against the dark blue, might do ammo pouches and bayonets and see where that gets me to.

nikharwood

Quote from: fred    12df on 08 September 2014, 10:28:43 PM

Trying to decide if I can be bothered to do the webbing in black against the dark blue, might do ammo pouches and bayonets and see where that gets me to.

Madness, Forbes, madness. That's where that will get you.  ;) :D