Unveiling My Christmas Presents

Started by bigjackmac, 01 January 2014, 04:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

Time to unveil the Christmas presents!  I primed them black the day after Christmas, but they sat in the garage until today.  I finished off rebasing my late war Germans then decided to go for it.  So, much to the wife's chagrin, I sat and painted my presents up, and voila, they're finished!

So, what did I get?

JR Minis 15mm terrain:
Italian Village Ruins w/Vintner House
Italian Village Ruins w/Church

I'd been eyeing these for a long time, dating back to when they were first released, then through JR Miniatures' transition, the after that waiting for them to come back into the inventory, then finally  pulling the trigger.  And boy am I glad I did!

With a Takara 1/144 Panther and one of my just finished late-war Germans rifle stands.

For more pics and descriptions, please check my blog at:

http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

They look great 8). I might borrow that idea for a ruined street for my games :D.

Maenoferren

Looking good. That is one well camouflaged Panther. Took me three attempts to see it.
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Techno

Bloomin' heck !
I was the same....Thinking "What Panther ?"  ;D ;D ;D
Cheers - Phil.

Orcs

Quote from: Maenoferren on 01 January 2014, 11:59:26 AM
Looking good. That is one well camouflaged Panther. Took me three attempts to see it.

Thats ok - The Yanks in the ruins think its a Tiger anyway  ;D
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Fenton

We did a game like a few years back where every model the Germans placed on was a Tiger until a veteran unit spotted it
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Womble67

Love the building s they look great

take care

andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Love the buildings!!

I immediately checked them out, You know, ooh shiney syndrome  :P

But sadly at that price, i'll pass  :o

bigjackmac

Thanks guys! 

I'm really happy with them.  As Peter points out, a bit expensive, but it's a whole lot of buildings, and I think when I pair them with the buildings I already have, I should never need more.

And how did you guys miss the large, yellow tank amidst all the off-white buildings?

V/R,
Jack

Hertsblue

Quote from: petercooman on 01 January 2014, 06:28:50 PM
Love the buildings!!

I immediately checked them out, You know, ooh shiney syndrome  :P

But sadly at that price, i'll pass  :o

Yeah, me too. And I understand that UK customs duties tend to make those sort of imports unrealistic.

Nevertheless, great job, Jack.  :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net