A 2014 'what we are woking on' coming soon??

Started by marshall1945, 22 December 2013, 10:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

I've got 4 big armies that really aren't making much progress on the painting front

Lizardmen
League of Augsberg
Late Romans
Orcs and Goblins

I also have a few ongoing armies that always need a few more units painting
Araby
Empire
and to a less extent High Elves

Then there is WWI, which I don't have too much to paint (yet!)

Then these is new stuff
Mongols
WWI (see above)
something else that catches my eye...

The first 4 on this list are now getting a bit old - I really should get a move on with the lizardmen as I painted up some of the figures as Salamanders for my forces of Nature army, and they painted up quickly and look really good. This is also the army that is most likely to get played.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Erm... Anyone actually read the thread title?  ;D
Btw, my wok is really well 'seasoned' these days, even got the in-laws to stop trying to scrub it with fairy!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Ithoriel

Quote from: FierceKitty on 23 December 2013, 10:30:56 AM
Why does everyone want to do samurai? They were about 5% of most Momoyama Japanese armies.

Samurai, in my case, is a shorthand that covers the whole gamut of Japanese armies of the Sengoku Jidai. So much easier to type "Samurai" than "Samurai, Ronin, Sohei, Ashigaru, Peasants, Bandits, Ikko-Ikki, ships, guns, castles, monasteries .... etc., etc." :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Right....I know what I'm doing then.
I think I already knew.  :)
Cheers - Phil.

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 23 December 2013, 08:37:21 PM
Right....I know what I'm doing then.
I think I already knew.  :)
Cheers - Phil.

Sometimes it's good to be reminded!

Unless it's the wife. REminding you of stuff. You know, like, did you feed the dog, put out the trash, where is the kid?

That's right, you forget to pick up the little guy one time at school and she rubs it in everytime ...

8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}