A few more regiments for Bull Run 1861

Started by Tobbe, 18 December 2013, 11:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Quote from: Tobbe on 19 December 2013, 01:58:42 PM
It is the biggest and oldest gaming convention in Sweden. Wargaming is a fairly small part of this three day event but we hope do be able to do four full battles of Bull Run.  I promise to take a few snaps and post them when we do :)

I don't know  ;).....With the internet you (one) get (s) the false impression of 'knowing' where our friends are posting from.
Tobbe.....I thought you were posting from the USA.... ;D ;D ;D
If I was still in contact with my friend Stephan (from Target Games....from many, many years ago) I'd get him to translate for me  ;D ;D ;D ;D)

Really looking forward to seeing the 'end result' with the photo's.

I'd put down what I think is the Swedish for 'Happy Christmas'....But I'm frightened that it might be something rude instead. ;)

Cheers - Phil

Tobbe

God jul!

That's Merry Christmas in Swedish.  As for posting from the US, I do take offence at that. My English is not _that_ bad. :-p

No offence taken really. As you say one can never be quite sure where someone on the internet is located unless they make an explicit reference.
I'm about to embark on the fool's mission of setting up Battle of the Auroch Hills with 10mm figures as well as building a scale model of the battleground. Maybe next year.

Tobbe

@Derek: We do try to put some extra care into the look of these regiments since many only ever fought at Bull Run or never again in their militia uniforms.

The units are split roughly 60/40 between me and my buddy Martin and I think you'll be hard put to see any big differences on the outcome since we both use the process outlined in the short video "From bag to base" at the forum. Perhaps some of it might suit your style and desired result?
I'm about to embark on the fool's mission of setting up Battle of the Auroch Hills with 10mm figures as well as building a scale model of the battleground. Maybe next year.