Pirates & Ship Crew

Started by Light Horseman, 16 December 2013, 06:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Quote from: Leman on 20 May 2016, 10:43:16 PM
Hahaaar - l******o pirates. Well shiver me timbers and nadger  me skirlwinkles -oh, hang on; that's rambling Sid Rumpo.
I just ran clear of the end of the Internet and can't find "skirlwinkles". My faith in the the ordering of the universe is shaken :)
I even tried Sid Rumbo singing "I'm just a rambling man" ( I think it was him anyway) - nada!

What does a pirate call the next day to come:
'Maaaaar!
Sleep with clean hands ...

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Orcs

This is what they are thinking Leon  :d
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

I think I've probably posted this here before but it's good enough for a second outing :)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Very good !  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (Did I hear Andy Hamilton's voice ?)

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Mako

Arrrr, twas just thinkin' about dis meself, an' lo an' behold, someone's beat me to it.

Would also like to add me request for mid-late 17th Century to early 18th Century pirates (1650s - 1720, or so), as well as pirate hunters, trollops, ships' crew, 3 Pdr., 4 Pdr., 6 Pdr., 9, 12, an' 18 Pdr. cannons too.

Definitely need some crew for 1/144th scale vessels, forts, etc., etc..

Cutlasses, blunderbusses, pistols, muskets, pikes, etc., etc.. 

Throw in some SE Coastal, American, and/or Caribbean Indians into the mix as well, since they were also involved in various actions.

Need government troops for the English/British, Spanish, French, and Dutch, as well, amongst others.

Sunray

Quote from: Mako on 14 December 2017, 11:01:59 PM
Arrrr, twas just thinkin' about dis meself, an' lo an' behold, someone's beat me to it.

Need government troops for the English/British, Spanish, French, and Dutch, as well, amongst others.

1. Have a look at the League of Augsburg range as regards a very complete list of government troops.

2. Ships - looked at this some years ago when researching a museum diorama for the Relief of Derry in the William Wars.  The Jacobite forces had constructed a boom across the Foyle.  The Williamite ships Mountjoy and  HMS Dartmouth broke the boom and relieved the city.
   The American firm Lindberg have an eclectic  "fit the box" range of at least 3 late 17th century pirate era sailing ships, from Captain Kidd's ship in 1/130 to Half Moon in 1/170. Heller have a 1/200 galleon and even Zvezda have offerings.   Its not difficult to modify and blodge to a passable waterline model in 1/150 or 10mm

3.  What we may be looking at is a doable but limited supplement to the existing LofA range - the pirate personalities, the cutlass wielding pirates, wenches, casks of rum, swag, long boats, and - accurate 1/150 scale deck cannon.   We take our sense of scale from know objects, so sailors, kit and cannon in 1/150 will help the ships look right.  8)

Ithoriel

EC26 Artillery Equipment (18)

Cannon balls to stack on decks and docksides, grenadoes to sow confusion when hurled onto enemy ships or into bunches of pursuing government troops, barrels of rum to smuggle, barrels of government powder to steal, pots of Spanish dubloons to purloin? :)