WW1 French Rifle grenadier

Started by sunjester, 16 December 2013, 09:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

I'm really looking forward to the new WW1 releases coming up.

Just one question, the French rifle grenadier is in an early war kepi, but the British and German ones are both in late war helmets, why?

Personally I would find a rifle grenadier in a helmet much more useful, not only for WW1, but he would fit in with my WW2 French as well. He would probably also be useful for interwar games such as AVBCW and SCW.

I'm wondering if there is enough interest in the Pendraken Supporters Club to warrant a head swap to make a late war figure? I'd want about 20 of these guys in helmets. If not I'll just have to look at converting a rifleman pose myself.

kustenjaeger

Greetings

If we are talking about a head swap it sounds worthwhile getting it done properly.  Techno (Phil) did a really good job on doing different heads for SYW French cavalry and that involved sculpting the headgear not just doing a swap.

Regards

Edward

sunjester

Quote from: kustenjaeger on 16 December 2013, 09:24:45 AM
Greetings

If we are talking about a head swap it sounds worthwhile getting it done properly.  Techno (Phil) did a really good job on doing different heads for SYW French cavalry and that involved sculpting the headgear not just doing a swap.

Regards

Edward

Edward, I did mean Leon getting his sculptor to do the head swap and produce both an early war and late war rifle grenadier.
I don't know who the sculptor is for the new WW1, but Phil is reluctant to interfere with minis that are another sculptor's "baby".

Leon

I'll check with Dave on this one, as the WW1 stuff is all his domain at the moment.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

I've checked with Dave and the quick answer is, we don't know!  We leave a lot of the details to the designer and his research, so he's opted for the kepi on this one.  It's an easy job to convert the figure afterwards though.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sunjester

OK Leon, thanks. I'll wait until this version has been released first.

GW844

I support the idea of late war as I do VBCW

realthing

Just received a pack of F30 Rifle Grenadiers. To my (pleasant) surprise these figures are wearing the Adrian helmet not a kepi. Will convert some to WW2 by adding a back pack in keeping with the other 1940 figures.