Base thicknesses

Started by GordonY, 12 December 2013, 12:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonY

Quick question Leon, how much extra to cut a couple of bags of 25mm round bases in 3mm instead of 2mm?

Reason I ask is that I started basing my 28mm Flinloque figures on 3mm thick bases years ago and now I've finally run out of them.

Gordon

Leon

Same price, there's no difference in the material cost between the two for some reason!  When you're ready to order, pop them through the website, and send me a quick note to remind me about them being 3mm, and we'll get those sorted.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GordonY

Ok ordered a couple of packs Leon

The payment ID is 4BW1336705258111G.

Leon

No worries, that's just come through now.  It'll likely be Monday or Tuesday for shipping, I'd expect.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GordonY

not much of a hurry, these buggers take a whole day to paint, and theses at least a dozen on bases unpainted still, I didnt have the nerve to actually count how many are still in the drawer.

Just for info, I got 120 infantry, 12 Cavalry, the rules and a couple of supplements in a box at a Bring and Buy for the princely sum of a tenner, I checked online when I got home, the 4 Ogres of the Guard alone would have cost me £40.  ;) ;) ;)

Leon

Quote from: GordonY on 12 December 2013, 01:56:53 PM
Just for info, I got 120 infantry, 12 Cavalry, the rules and a couple of supplements in a box at a Bring and Buy for the princely sum of a tenner, I checked online when I got home, the 4 Ogres of the Guard alone would have cost me £40.  ;) ;) ;)

:-bd

Wulf

Can you do thinner? I use bases minis, and at 10mm scale that 2mm means they look too tall to fit through the doors of 10mm scale houses...

Orcs

Quote from: Wulf on 12 December 2013, 02:24:04 PM
Can you do thinner? I use bases minis, and at 10mm scale that 2mm means they look too tall to fit through the doors of 10mm scale houses...

Can you make me a bit thinner too!!!! :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Quote from: Wulf on 12 December 2013, 02:24:04 PM

We can source thinner wood, but it becomes a lot more expensive as you get thinner than 2mm, so the prices per pack would end up being 4-5x higher?

:-\

Wulf

Quote from: Leon on 13 December 2013, 04:02:31 AM
We can source thinner wood, but it becomes a lot more expensive as you get thinner than 2mm, so the prices per pack would end up being 4-5x higher?
Woah, that's a bit harsh!  :o

rim66

I hope Leon doesn't mind me posting this but at Monty's Wargaming World (www.montyswargamingworld) we do Skinny bases - down to 0.75mm thick. Why - exactly the same reason. I think the Pendraken figures are simply superb but I always felt a 2mm base detracted from them, so I worked out a solution for myself.

Kind regards,

Richard
Monty's Wargaming World
www.montyswargamingworld.co.uk

Leon

Quote from: Wulf on 13 December 2013, 06:40:51 AM
Woah, that's a bit harsh!  :o

I know, hence the reason I don't bother offering them for sale.  I do still need to explore the 1mm MDF option, but that wouldn't be any time soon.

Orcs

Asthetically I prefer the thin bases with smaller figues, but then you tend to handle the figures more.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson