Extreme gaming!

Started by Leon, 09 March 2010, 01:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: dicehead on 16 April 2010, 05:06:25 PM
Not sure if this counts but a few years ago a friend and I rented a cottage for a weekend away and were told we were absolutely forbidden to bring any games along by our spouses to prevent us staying up all night playing wargames. So my friend was supposed to smuggle along a couple of armies but his wife got wise to it and left the bag at home. In desperation we had a game using a single six sided dice and the only figures we had, the kids lego!

It was brilliant, we made it up as we went along. My cowboys beat his pirates and spacemen in a pitched battle for the salt shaker. It was quite liberating being free of actual rules and being able to say things like "If i can roll a 6 my cowboy shoots your pirates hat off and he has to run off over there and you have to down that drink and talk like a surprised pirate for the next turn" and "How about my pirates spend my turn building a car out of those lego blocks, 5+ to succeed?"

Haha, that's genius!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Le Manchou

And what was the biggest miniature wargame you ever played? For me it was Leipzig 1813 in 1992 with 10 000 miniatures (15mm) and a huge table, in France.
Si vis pacem, para bellum