Started by raykey, 03 December 2013, 07:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raykey

Leon

Not yet, long way off yet.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Hey there Cadet Mr RayKey!

What's new in your wargaming world?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Russell Phillips

The front page has a post count near the bottom. Currently it says:
QuoteTotal Posts: 96896

So we're 3,104 short.
Russell Phillips
Books and articles about military technology and history
www.rpbook.co.uk

petercooman

I'm there, if there means here that is.

Because if there doesn't mean here then i'm not there...

But still here..

Are you there?

:P :P :P

fsn

Would you like one of my green tablets?

They taste of strawberry.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

petercooman

I have enough tablets to swallow as is tank you. Sadly none taste like fruit here ...  :(

kipt

Ok, 4 to go, hopefully 3 after this post.  Moire reading than posting at my end.
Kipt

Leon

Quote from: kipt on 03 December 2013, 08:52:41 PM
Ok, 4 to go, hopefully 3 after this post.  Moire reading than posting at my end.
Kipt

1 more Kip, and you're in the competition!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

kipt

Does the counter count by two's?  I had 21, posted the one below and then all of a sudden I'm at 24 - not complaining you understand, just wondering.
Kipt

Leon

Quote from: kipt on 03 December 2013, 09:36:49 PM
Does the counter count by two's?  I had 21, posted the one below and then all of a sudden I'm at 24 - not complaining you understand, just wondering.
Kipt

Hopefully not, otherwise I've just lost 5000 posts!

:D

petercooman

Techno

We're going to stall on 99,998 aren't we ?
No-one's going to want to pop up the 99,999th and leave the door open. ;)

Wait :-\.....Leon will would certainly post no. 99,999..he won't mind....Which means a greater likelihood of the actual time being late evening/early morning. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
(Just thinking out loud ! :P  ;))

Cheers - Phil.

fsn

Gentlemen!

As Brothers of Pendraken, I think it behooves us to just continue to post as naturally as we are able to. Surely each one of us would rejoice in the good fortune of the other who secures this not inconsiderable prize. Surely we (the sultanas in the Pendraken Christmas pudding) would not stoop to gamesmanship in order to win? Just as I believe that the Top Totty section is purely for the purposes of comparative anatomy in an area little modelled in 10mm, and that despite Mr Kitty's admonitions we would not support any kind of humour derived from overt decrying of specific creeds (though I still vote that the French are fair game), I think that we (the plastic rings in the Pendraken carckers) would turn our faces from tactics such as posting 99,997, 99,998, 99,999 and 100,000 in order to secure the prze as being below the standards expected of a Pendraken Forum member in good standing.

So would constantly refreshing the screen whilst watching the counter, posting to cadets so that their replies pad out the numbers and creating a contentious thread in order to get a spurt of replies just before your estimated time. 

May I also enjoin the 100,000th postee to make it something a little more memorable than "Yippee. I'm the 100,000th! LOL." 

Finally, the victory would be all the sweeter if mayhap it could involve some kind of formal presentation with photographs and a tour around the Dark Caverns of Middles-Borough? Perhaps the lucky winner could be receive their boon from the skeletal hand of the Dark Lord himself?

petercooman

I vote for it being shipped out by the very first pendraken mail order swallow.

Might be hard to find one during winter though..