Special Delivery in Perplakistan

Started by bigjackmac, 01 December 2013, 10:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

Yesterday, on Col Louis-Louis' orders, Maj Lapieux's Foreign Legion Task Force entered the village of Kabalouey, secured the villagers, and safely evacuated them while dealing heavy casualties to the AoDD, or Army of DUMDUM, the local Islamists trying to overthrow the government.  General Pouspous was beside himself with anger over Col Louis-Louis' decision to evacuate the villagers, believing it to show weakness to the enemy.  Gen Pouspous ordered Col Louis-Louis to immediately reinstate the villagers of Kabalouey, and deal any AoDD forces a severe blow in the process.  Of course, Col Louis-Louis promptly turned to Major Lapieux and, without further explanation, ordered the his task force to return the civilians to the village of Kabalouey.  Such is life in the Legion...

Overview of the table.  I shifted everything slightly right (east), as the enemy would have forces entering from the top right (NE hotspot), top left (NW hotspot), and bottom left (SW hotspot), black chips marking the hotspots.

The French column of mercy; these are the only forces the French will start with on the board.  From left to right: V1 (carrying Ldr and Tm1), V2, S1, S2, and S3 (all carrying civilian villagers), and V3 (carrying Tm2).  The plan is to drive straight up the highway, deposit the villagers, hang around for a bit until Perplakistan 'regulars' show up to garrison the village, then return to base.

There is no reporting regarding enemy disposition or intentions in the area, so with the simple mission and the fact the AoDD took heavy casualties the past two days, Major Lapieux is not really expecting much contact today.

But just in case things get sideways, there's a Quick Reaction Force (QRF): H1 (carrying Ldr, Milan, and Tm3 and 4), and H2 (carrying Ldr, MG, SAM, and Tm5 and 6).  Theoretically, these guys should be enjoying what is essentially a day off.  Don't count on it...

The column enters the ville and disgorges its passengers.  Top left is V3 and Tm2, far right is V1 and Tm1, center is (left to right) V2, S1, S2, and S3, having just cut loose their civilians.

And here they come.  Between what he can see with his own two eyes and the reports crackling over the radio, the blood drains from Major Lapieux's face...  It's not so much the horde of insurgents, it's all the armor.  Lapieux quickly spots two T-55s and two BTR-60s, and that's just what he can see!  Merde!  It's no secret the neighboring nation of Tumoria is supporting the AoDD, but now they have apparently provided more than just small arms and ammunition.

Check out the whole thing at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/

Thanks for checking it out.

V/R,
Jack

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

republic of tolworth

Looks to be a fun game. Nice piccies and report.
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

bigjackmac

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

I need to get some more stuff painted up and based, my wargaming megalomania can't be held in check forever, and naturally I want to fight bigger and bigger battles.

I've been using home-spun rules with a Blitzkrieg Commander-type activation and combat system.  Would there be any interest in me writing them up and posting them on my blog?

V/R,
Jack