Petitioning Royal Mail!

Started by Leon, 21 November 2013, 04:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnM Stuff

I wonder what would happen if we got a bunch of stickers with "Whisky" on them in big red letters and re-labelled all the bottles we send ? :D

As for nail varnish, well that was the subject of the last purge by Royal Mail.  Supposedly all solvent-based things are already banned, and I mean completely not just a 4-weenie-bottle limit, which is why most retailers have dropped enamel paints.

So any bets on how long before Royal Mail drops the "Royal" and just becomes "The Mail" then domiciles itself in Luxembourg in a nice cozy office next to Amazon and PayPal ?  That way they'll be able to avoid paying Corporation Tax or having to worry about pesky things like regulators.....

sebigboss79

Quote from: SnM Stuff on 27 December 2013, 06:08:22 PM
I wonder what would happen if we got a bunch of stickers with "Whisky" on them in big red letters and re-labelled all the bottles we send ? :D

As for nail varnish, well that was the subject of the last purge by Royal Mail.  Supposedly all solvent-based things are already banned, and I mean completely not just a 4-weenie-bottle limit, which is why most retailers have dropped enamel paints.

So any bets on how long before Royal Mail drops the "Royal" and just becomes "The Mail" then domiciles itself in Luxembourg in a nice cozy office next to Amazon and PayPal ?  That way they'll be able to avoid paying Corporation Tax or having to worry about pesky things like regulators.....

You mean as long as we pay THEIR representatives to NEGOTIATE with HMRC how much tax they reluctantly will pay after three reminders?

Or do you mean: "As long as we allow them to do business in this country"
:-\

DanJ

Just realised I hadn't signed, now rectified the oversight.  I'll also get wifey to sign, she does 'proper art' and gets lots of her paint mail order.

get2grips

Quote from: Techno on 13 December 2013, 08:42:11 PM
But I'm pretty sure that the dear (PAH !) PO would class that in the prohibited list under, Waste, Dirt, Filth or Refuse.  ;) :)

How come they bombard me with Junk-Mail then?

That's refuse by any definition :)

John Cook

Leon and esteemed members of the forum. 

No, not a confession.  I just thought I'd let you know that I have had a long exchange with Royal Mail - fruitless of course.  After an exchange of seven emails they were unable to give a sensible reason for the 'rule', which applies to all acrylic paints, including those in tubes.  The logic of 600ml in 4x150ml containers but not a 600ml maximum in a larger number of smaller containers was not answered satisfactorily in spite of asking for an explanation, specifically, twice.  It was, essentially, ignored, with what can only be described as wilful obfuscation. 
It boils down to an organisation that seems terminally ****** retentive and refuses steadfastly to be confused by facts.  It has its rules and that is that, it seems.

Anyway, on the bright side, I ordered four Luiquitex 400ml spray paints recently and the cost of delivery by courier was only a little over £1 more than a parcel of the same weight by Royal Mail.   I know 'times is hard', and all that stuff, but it seem little extra when you get reliable delivery within 24 hours of placing an order.   

Leon

Quote from: John Cook on 23 January 2014, 03:36:36 PM
No, not a confession.  I just thought I'd let you know that I have had a long exchange with Royal Mail - fruitless of course.  After an exchange of seven emails they were unable to give a sensible reason for the 'rule', which applies to all acrylic paints, including those in tubes.  The logic of 600ml in 4x150ml containers but not a 600ml maximum in a larger number of smaller containers was not answered satisfactorily in spite of asking for an explanation, specifically, twice.  It was, essentially, ignored, with what can only be described as wilful obfuscation. 
It boils down to an organisation that seems terminally ****** retentive and refuses steadfastly to be confused by facts.  It has its rules and that is that, it seems. 

Thanks for the info, that's about as far as we've got as well.  There seems to be a wall which all the questions hit and then bounce back, with no one at the next level of management willing to get involved.  There has been some progress by the MP's though, with a couple now receiving letters in reply, stating that there will be a meeting in February to discuss the policy.  Hopefully that will bear some good news.

Quote from: John Cook on 23 January 2014, 03:36:36 PM
Anyway, on the bright side, I ordered four Luiquitex 400ml spray paints recently and the cost of delivery by courier was only a little over £1 more than a parcel of the same weight by Royal Mail.   I know 'times is hard', and all that stuff, but it seem little extra when you get reliable delivery within 24 hours of placing an order.   

Which courier was that?  A lot of the cheaper couriers have restrictions as well, so I'm always interested in other options.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

andys

The link on Leon's first post is getting there, less than 560 to go.

Have YOU got everyone you know to sign the petition yet?

John Cook

Leon,

I'm sorry but I don't have the paperwork now.

John

Leon

Quote from: John Cook on 26 January 2014, 01:22:36 AM
Leon,

I'm sorry but I don't have the paperwork now.

John

No worries.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GordonY

Why does this not apply to e-liquid?? There doesnt seem to be the same restriction on that stuff, 10ml bottles and I happily ordered and got (the next day) 7 bottles of this stuff.

get2grips

Quote from: GordonY on 27 January 2014, 06:20:51 AM
Why does this not apply to e-liquid?? There doesnt seem to be the same restriction on that stuff, 10ml bottles and I happily ordered and got (the next day) 7 bottles of this stuff.

Okay: Leon, I would like 15 bottles of game colour and I'm going to smoke it ;)

That should clear P.O. checkpoints :D

Womble67

The trouble is with these mega companies they just seem to make nonsensical rules and regulations whenever they feel like it with very little thought. Then make some cock and bull story about why they make these stupid decisions.

take care

andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

marie

i`d like to pledge, but we have no post here in ghana, well we have p.o.boxs
but I have never seen a postie to say piss off to