What's all this PO paint madness?

Started by republic of tolworth, 20 November 2013, 10:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

republic of tolworth

I see selling of the PO has gone well  :'(

What's the deal with limiting the amount of paint that can be posted? Or is it all liquids?

Leon?
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

Leon

I first found out a couple of weeks ago, when they sent me a letter to say they'd destroyed a package bound for NZ, as it was against their 'regulations'.  Several phone calls later, and they still couldn't tell me why they can't ship them.

Currently, I'm waiting on a reply from the Royal Mail Policy team, to explain why this restriction is in place, and whether there is any chance of it being updated.

I informed all the other traders through TMP, and I've been chatting to them at the shows as well.  I'll be putting together a formal petition to RM very soon, for other people to add their support, and maybe with some more weight behind us, we can try and get them to change the limitations on paints.

I'll keep everyone updated on it.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

This will affect the whole arts and crafts movement.
Painters, potters, decorators. Anyone living in a rural area who paints for a hobby or living. Can't see the remaining local arts shops being too happy, I will have a word with my local one later.
Might be worth getting some of the big arty organisations involved too. Tate? Royal Academy?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

What harm can acrylic paints do ?

The only restriction I'd ever heard about before, was that 'they' didn't want non ('scuse the double negative) 'screw-top' paints being sent by air mail.....as the changes in pressure could mean the caps could 'pop' off the top of the bottle.
Cheers - Phil.

Wulf

I was picking up a package at my local Royal mail depot and read a sheet of regulations which suggested that it's now against regulations to send any form of aerosol at all by Royal Mail. Which came as a surprise when I'd just got a can of Army Painter primer the week before...

Techno

Aerosols.....I can understand (to a certain extent)....But small pots of acrylic paint....Good grief !!
Cheers - Phil.

Leon

Quote from: Wulf on 21 November 2013, 05:03:12 PM
I was picking up a package at my local Royal mail depot and read a sheet of regulations which suggested that it's now against regulations to send any form of aerosol at all by Royal Mail. Which came as a surprise when I'd just got a can of Army Painter primer the week before...

Aerosols have been restricted for a while now, we can only sell them at shows.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Fenton

Quote from: Wulf on 21 November 2013, 05:03:12 PM

nobody in mainland UK will send aerosols to N.Ireland anymore, they can by courier but tis too expensive
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Hertsblue

Quote from: Techno on 21 November 2013, 11:26:37 AM
What harm can acrylic paints do ?

You've obviously never seen my painting, Phil.  :(
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

petercooman

Fenton

Maybe there is one guy in the Royal Mail who is an old gamer back in the 50's and always used enamel paints and oils , and gets frustrated with the lack of soldering and converting these wargaming youngsters of today do and mutters and mumbles about the lack of bounce sticks and complicated written orders into todays games with their modern approach to gaming with the likes WRG 5th

So he finally sees a way to fight back  and if he gets these new fangled paints banned from Royal Mail everyone will have to start using enamels and oils again...and then back to the good old days of proper gaming
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

petercooman

Now maybe, just maybe, something really went wrong and some paint leaked and destroyed part of a bag full of mail? It's the only reasonable thing i can imagine.