Menu for anyone wanting grub!

Started by Leon, 07 November 2013, 05:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hertsblue

Yep, Sam Vimes is my hero - him and his cardboard boots. :-bd
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Fenton

I think the best book with them in is Jingo though
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

skywalker

My favourite is Soul Music, so much so I've started collecting the white metal Discworld miniatures  :D

get2grips

Quote from: Fenton on 08 November 2013, 11:30:38 AM
I think the best book with them in is Jingo though

Hmm...will have to dig that out again...didn't get on with it first time round :-\

Vimes is Pratchett's greatest creation by far...hard, weak and human.  Couldn't get more three dimensional on a piece of paper. :-bd

Fenton

I dunno...Nanny Ogg is a particular fave as well

Gareth...there are couple of Discworld books I havnt got on with , but I then listened to them as audiobooks and enjoyed them immensely..Hogfather springs to mind as one such book
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Techno

Quote from: Ithoriel on 07 November 2013, 06:44:39 PM
Breakfast is brown, hot, sweet and liquid.
Unless you're Techno, in which case it's cold.
Potato scones, toast, baked beans, veg sausage, mushrooms, hash browns, tomato, scrambled egg, pancake and maple syrup is brunch :)

What's breakfast ?
Oh...I know.....2 paracetamol and codeine and a heavy duty ibuprofen.....washed down with last night's coffee......Mmmmmm....yummy !! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Sets me up for the morning !  ;)
Cheers - Mr Whingey.

get2grips

Quote from: Fenton on 08 November 2013, 05:42:30 PM
I dunno...Nanny Ogg is a particular fave as well

Gareth...there are couple of Discworld books I havnt got on with , but I then listened to them as audiobooks and enjoyed them immensely..Hogfather springs to mind as one such book

Yeah...they are all worth a re-read (can't do audio books: I read at warp 9).

Weatherwax for me: dark, deep...human.

It's almost a shame these characters are wrapped up in comic fantasy: they are seriously good :)

Hertsblue

I have a particular fondness for Feet of Clay, can't think why. And The Fifth Elephant has Vimes on the back foot but still struggling gamely.

www.rulesdepot.net

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Carpe jugulum, not the best but explains a lot...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Having spent over twenty years as a librarian all I can say about my favourite character is ... "Ook!"

Next in line, having spent 12 years in IT, has to be Ponder Stibbons. We actually had a system that gave an "Out of Cheese" error if it failed to detect a mouse* :-)

Though if The Luggage and Hex are characters rather than equipment/ furniture I have a tougher choice!

*The computer kind not the small furry rodent kind, you understand
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

By degrees and miles, how off topic are we at present?  :-\  ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

get2grips

Quote from: mad lemmey on 09 November 2013, 01:51:20 PM

...error...out of cheese :D

Hertsblue

Quote from: mad lemmey on 09 November 2013, 01:51:20 PM

Well, what more is there to say about a scoff-card? Other than, more cholesterol, anyone?

www.rulesdepot.net

Fenton

howayman

A hazelnut in every bite i think !