Seven Years War Battles

Started by Bernie, 29 October 2013, 08:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie

Two games from the recent small "Legion" wargames show in Sandwich, Kent in aid of British Legion. Nice time and even had half an hour off to have a sit down lunch!

http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/BernardGanley/slideshow/Glory%20and%20Honour%20Wargame%20Rules%20for%20Seven%20Years%20War/Seven%20Years%20War%20Battles

Battle 1:  30,000 French & 10,000 Reichsarmee took on 30,000 Prussians. Prussian Cavalry and the grenadier assault was far too much for the Allies. Allies lost 9-10,000 to 1,000 Prussians - a scale of losses equal to Rossbach

Battle 2: 20,000 Austrians & 30,000 Russians attacked 40,000 Prussians. A far harder fought battle, though the Allies just could not get past the Prussian 2nd line. Allied losses 11,000 Prussian losses 9,000. More wins like that for the outnumbered Prussians would be disastrous

Rules used were 10mm "Glory & Honour" from Realistic Modelling/Real Time Wargamers using the excellent Pendraken range. Visitors especially liked the Russians

http://realtimewargames.webplus.net/

Happy Gaming

Bernie

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

Very nice indeed...Been looking at the particular company for rules for a while, still havnt jumped in yet though
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Hertsblue

Nice looking game(s), Bernie. And a well presented site.  8)
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

ronan

Very great !

Quote from: Bernie on 29 October 2013, 08:21:20 AM(...) a scale of losses equal to Rossbach
ouch !

Thank you for sharing Bernie !

Techno

Most impressive !! :-bd
Cheers - Phil.

mollinary

Good looking games!  :-bd :-bd

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Steve J

Great looking games and a much better website.

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

nikharwood