Free Dungeon Rules

Started by Leon, 12 March 2010, 03:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

12 March 2010, 03:00:04 PM Last Edit: 04 August 2011, 05:48:01 PM by Leon
These have been on our site for a couple of years now, thought it was worth bringing them over here:

http://www.pendraken.co.uk/FileBin/DungeonWorld%282nd%20edition%29.pdf

And the Supplement:

http://www.pendraken.co.uk/FileBin/DungeonWorldAdvancedSupplement.pdf

And an RPG variation:

http://www.pendraken.co.uk/FileBin/Dungeon%20World%20RPG%20Variation.pdf
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sixsideddice

Yes, in fact I`ve just done a complete overhaul, and generally beat and hammered the rules into shape; and now (a couple of years later) the 2nd edition finally works the way I always wanted them to. Sadly lack of time meant this was a project I had to put aside far longer than I had intended. However, the updated rules are now with Dave, so should be available as soon as he has time to add them to the site.

Six 

http://tabletoptitans.com/

Jase

Unfortunately, I can't open the file. I get an 403 error.
Exitus Acta Probat

sixsideddice

Hi Jase,

not to worry, Dave is providing a link to the new 2nd edition rules sometimes soon.

In the mean time, you will be able to find a complete copy of the same rules on Table Top Titans very soon

http://tabletoptitans.com/

I`m planning on running a series of articles and linked campaign battle reports throughout the year, using (Germy`s) 10mm Pendraken miniatures and dungeon , including painting and inking tutorials; as well as other similar Sci-fi and Lace wars projects.

Pendraken 10mm miniatures really are something a little special, and I think it would be a sin if I didn`t show these miniatures in action on the table as much as possible for others (hopefully) to get as inspired by them as I do.

Cheers,

Six

Leon

We've got the new edition and we'll be adding it here once it's been uploaded to the website.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Grün

That are good news. Looking forward to the 2nd Edition. I hope there will be something like experience!?

sixsideddice

Hi Grün,

Wanted to move away from the accepted rp status quo of earned experience, and head more towards personal skill development (buying training etc) and controlled stat increase (choosing which way you want to build/tailor your respective characters); I`ve also gotten away from character classes altogether... like the old classic Runequest system, you build the char you want, starting with a basic (default) start profile and working from there.

Six :-)

Grün

Sound interesting. Can´t wait to read the rules.

Fenton

Quote from: sixsideddice on 10 April 2010, 12:09:32 AM
Hi Grün,

Wanted to move away from the accepted rp status quo of earned experience, and head more towards personal skill development (buying training etc) and controlled stat increase (choosing which way you want to build/tailor your respective characters); I`ve also gotten away from character classes altogether... like the old classic Runequest system, you build the char you want, starting with a basic (default) start profile and working from there.

Nothing wrong with being based on Runequest...The only problem we ever had was when everyone got to Runelord/priest levels it got nearly impossible to kill anything  of equal experience..Its why we went to Middle Earth as you rolled up with unlimited possibilities rahter than trying to roll low percentages all the time..Anyway cant wait to have a look at them either
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

sixsideddice

Interesting observation there Fenton, and I completely agree with you about Runequest... groundbreaking stuff though it was.

.... but don`t forget, Dungeon World is only a miniatures table top skirmish game, with lots of role play ellements added - like the first white box collectors edition Tactical Studies Rules Dungeons and Dragons rules by Gygax (however, there`s plenty of option for players/Drake Masters to flesh out Dungeon World if they really want to). I leave other more robust sets of commercially available rules to cover full on role playing in all its glory.

Think of Dungeon World as a chance to play 3D dungeon crawls using all the Pendraken goodies on offer, and you wont be disapointed by it`s limitatons.

Fenton

Oh I awaiting it with interest....Me and my friends were talkikng a couple of years ago and wished all this 10mm dungeon stuff had been about years ago when we started D&D etc it would have made floor plans and figure transportation so much easier
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leon

The rules will be up pretty soon, I promise!  It's just a bit hectic round here at the moment with Triples and Salute.  Why they have to arrange them within a week of each other I'll never know!

:( :D

sixsideddice

I think they plan these things to p*** the public off Leon hehehe.

(Oh my God, I just looked back at my last post... any more typos and I`d be able to claim illiteracy lol)   :o

Six

sixsideddice

{{The rules will be up pretty soon, I promise!  It's just a bit hectic round here at the moment with Triples and Salute.  Why they have to arrange them within a week of each other I'll never know!}}

I`ll have a complete add on supplement to go with the core rules soon, which will allow Pendraken gamers to run their heroes through a dungeon completely solo (without a DM).

Six   :)

Leon

Quote from: sixsideddice on 15 April 2010, 08:12:58 AM
I think they plan these things to p*** the public off Leon hehehe.

(Oh my God, I just looked back at my last post... any more typos and I`d be able to claim illiteracy lol)   :o

Six

It's a nightmare for us.  We get back from Triples on Sunday night, then we've got 3 days to replace stock/cast Salute orders/catch up on regular orders, before heading down to London on Thursday!  I'll be glad when we get past them and I'm not on 3am finishes!