Matilda Scorpion

Started by old smokie, 25 October 2013, 11:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Just take a normal Matilda and stick cotton wool on the front :D.

kustenjaeger

Greetings

I'd be surprised if this was economic for Pendraken to make.  A scratch build conversion sounds the right answer with any infelicities obscured by a cloud of dust.

Regards

Edward

Ithoriel

Given the amount of dust kicked up in the desert just by driving along I'd imagine a "proper" conversion would consist of a fluffed up cotton-wool ball on a base :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

petercooman

The sherman crab comes in three pieces. Maybe with some adjusting you could use the 'crab' piece and fit it on a matilda?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The valentine crab had an external operator and drive.
You might have fun adding that!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

I just asked Leon nicely to supply the "Crab" from the Sherman with a Matilda.

It looks fine painted up. I accepty its not quite right but its fine in this scale
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Zippee

You have to wonder what sort of sweat box hell sitting in the cramped side-boom control position must have been - flies, dust, hot steel and bone jarring explosions

the linked conversion model's rather lovely though  :D

barbarian

Speaking of smoke and dust, someone as photo of a model with these kind of features.
I've seen on the web someone use coton, others the expanding foam...
Anyone has any experience with it ?
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

get2grips

Quote from: old smokie on 25 October 2013, 11:06:07 AM
any chance of getting one of these in 10mm

http://www.societyofgentlemengamers.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6230

And Old Smokie storms into the lead for the FSN award :)

I reckon you need about 450 more posts in 30 different threads and you might, MIGHT, get Leon to CONSIDER it :D

Something to work towards :-bd

(please don't think I'm being facetious Smokie...this is just a dig at FSN)

fsn

I don't think my posts influenced Leon at all. He just knows a good thing when he hears about it twice a day for six months.  :P
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

old smokie

no offence taken get2grips, I'll just need to try fsn's tac and mention it daily to wear Leon down  ;D

bought some small brass angle to have a go at scratch building one,  I'll post a few pics when I get it finished :)

get2grips

Quote from: fsn on 26 October 2013, 09:05:46 PM
I don't think my posts influenced Leon at all. He just knows a good thing when he hears about it twice a day for six months.  :P

Quote from: old smokie on 26 October 2013, 09:11:17 PM
no offence taken get2grips, I'll just need to try fsn's tac and mention it daily to wear Leon down  ;D

FSN mark 2  ;D ;D ;D

old smokie

I shall now be known as old smokie fsn mark 2  ;D ;D ;D

get2grips