Terrain

Started by chalkie, 24 October 2013, 03:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chalkie

Ok lads and any ladettes if we have any on here, what are the types of terrain do you buy ? The kind you never seem to have enough of ?

Just so I can get an idea of what to stock up on.

Paul.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Buildings, hedges,  hills, fields, rivers, woods/trees
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Wulf

I make my own hedges from Clump Foliage, but I never sem to have enough of it...

chalkie

The basics really. Do any of you dabble in other scales and what periods ?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

15mm, occasionally 28mm, very very occasionally 6mm.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

Trees. I'm a sucker for trees. I've got Pendraken ones, old plug together Hornby ones, ones I don't know where they came from.

Aside from that, I'm at a bit of a crossroads (no pun intended). I have no space to store terrain boards, so tend to use cloths of various types. I'd like to upgrade.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

Quote from: fsn on 24 October 2013, 10:03:16 PM
Trees. I'm a sucker for trees. I've got Pendraken ones, old plug together Hornby ones, ones I don't know where they came from.

Aside from that, I'm at a bit of a crossroads (no pun intended). I have no space to store terrain boards, so tend to use cloths of various types. I'd like to upgrade.

What about a terrain mat...Mat O War is back in business and from what I have seen they roll up very nicely
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Hertsblue

Good quality trees are always a must. But they're labour-intensive - which is why they're usually expensive. Various small hills are always useful too.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Steve J

I make all of my own stuff, with the exception of trees, which I buy as kits, 50 per bag or there abouts, plus the clump foliage for them.