NEW VENTURE - SPECIAL OFFER

Started by rim66, 22 October 2013, 10:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rim66

Right, the IT chaps are still contemplating what the issue might be but I have done some reformatting on the offending sections and I hope it is now all showing okay - it is for me, but you never know!! I really appreciate all the good wishes and the help with getting the website right, if anyone does find any other issues, please do let me know and, if you can give me specifics, I will see what I can do.

Kind regards,

Richard

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

rim66

HURRAH!! I am clearly an IT genius.......................or VERY lucky and my dice give the lie to the last. Perhaps bashing random keys and using some choice words does really work!

Many thanks for the report.

Richard

mollinary

Sorry to rainon your parade rim, but I still cannot see the menu on the left hand side of the gallery page!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

They menu's are OK now for me, and working fine when I click about the site.  There are still some pics over the text, but only marginally now.  The one shown in my previous screenshot is better now, and there's this one as well:
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

rim66

Great, thank you, I hope I have now tweaked this one out. It seems to be a case of just allowing plenty of space around images and text boxes to allow for variations in browsers, but I shall see what the IT chaps come up with.

Many thanks,

Richard

Leon

That one's fixed now, looking good.  The previous screenshot of the trees pic is still iffy, it could do with knocking down a touch closer to the building to keep it away from the text.  I'm not really up on web design, but I think the placement issues come when the images are dropped on top of things, as opposed to being confined within a text box or similar.  Or I might have made that up... I'm not big on web design...!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

Looks OK now. And Monty's great.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

rim66

Okay, more tweaking done. Hopefully the gallery navigation bar is now sorted - if not, I'll look to move it somewhere else.

Leon - not sure which picture you mean by trees and buildings, which page is that on?

IT response is that all looks fine to them and they can only think outdated browsers or cached pages/browsers - I'm not convinced. If it was only one or 2, maybe, but not the numbers I have had. I actually reckon Leon is right and tightening up text/image boxes and removing all overlaps may be the answer, what joy awaits!!

Many thanks,

Richard

Leon

Quote from: rim66 on 24 October 2013, 12:04:24 PM
Leon - not sure which picture you mean by trees and buildings, which page is that on?

It's on the scenery page, right hand column at the bottom.  The trees pic wants shunting down only a couple of notches, just to get it clear of the text above it.

8)

rim66

Should be fixed now.

Many thanks,

Richard

Leon