Redcar Ironbeards

Started by skywalker, 17 October 2013, 12:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skywalker

Redcar Ironbeards is a small club that meets every Monday night 7 to 10 pm at The Coatham Memorial Hall, Coatham Road, Redcar.
The games currently played are Warhammer 40000, Bolt Action, Rapid Fire WW2 using 15mm and Star Wars X-Wing.
We are not fussy and will play anything once, more so if it is good :D

We are putting on a demo Bolt Action Game at this years Smoggycon show so if you see us come over for a chat

Leon

Thanks for the post, see you at Smoggycon!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Hertsblue

Ironbeards, eh? I wondered where all that steel wool went.  :D
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

skywalker

I have to make an Ironbeard as I could grow one of my own  ;D

skywalker

Just to let people know the last meeting of Redcar Ironbeards before Christmas will be Monday 16th December.
The club will regroup on Monday 6th January 2014, at the usual time and usual place  :)

skywalker

Just to give a few more details about Redcar Ironbeards
Meeting day/time  every Monday 7 to 10pm
Place: Coatham Memorial Hall, Coatham Road, Redcar, TS10 1RH
Membership fee £2 per week, first week free. This covers room rental costs and the stock of terrain available at the venue.

:)

Fenton

I hope you get new members but 3 hours doesnt seem a huge amount of time even to get a smallish game in do those 3 hours count setup and packing up as well?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

skywalker

Fenton,
the club originally started just playing all Games Workshop type games, which can usually be completed in 3 hours.
Some of us have branched out into Bolt Action 28mm, Rapid Fire WW2 using 15mm and Star Wars X-Wing which we can just about manage a decent game in the 3 hours, provided we don't spend too long chatting and drinking tea. We can always have a longer discussion in the pub afterwards  :D
Me and my mate Simon are toying with the idea of playing ACW in 10mm but we haven't made adecision on what rules set to use and we have no idea how long these games take so a bit of research is needed.
Being the Club Secretary I am usually there before 7pm to get any tables set up if required so that it does not take so long for the members to get playing  :)

Fenton

Sounds good..Just from experience after talking rubbish to each other and general messing about we need about 5 hours

But these ACW rules look quite quick

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,9056.0.html
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

skywalker

Thanks for the link Fenton.
One of the things we do attempt, although it is on a request basis is have a full day gaming, usually 9am to 5pm but it depends on the interest of the club members.
I am lucky as I have a 6ft x 4ft table in my garage that I can use we ever I need  :)

skywalker

I have finally got a website up and runing for the club. Please will you take some time to have a look at it and pass on any comments (good or bad) so that I can improve it. Leon if you would like me to put a link onto the site for Pendraken please let me know.
The site address is

http://ianwiddowson1.wix.com/redcarironbeards

Thanks
Ian (aka Skywalker)

Leon

Quote from: skywalker on 20 February 2014, 12:37:51 PM
I have finally got a website up and runing for the club. Please will you take some time to have a look at it and pass on any comments (good or bad) so that I can improve it. Leon if you would like me to put a link onto the site for Pendraken please let me know.
The site address is

http://ianwiddowson1.wix.com/redcarironbeards

Thanks
Ian (aka Skywalker)

Looking good, and a link to Pendraken would be excellent, much appreciated.

For feedback:
- The title of the page reads a bit like a series of tagwords for Google, so I'd reduce that to just 'Redcar Ironbeards' and take off the underline.  There is separate SEO function available through Wix, if you click into your 'Pages' tab in Wix it should be listed there.
- The sub-title box could be extended so it fits the full width of the page, instead of it being on two lines?
- The logo's on your Suppliers page have pixellated on my computer, so they may be small files and might need either shrinking or replacing with a bigger resolution image.

Other than that, all good!  I used Wix for the Battleground site, and it's a nice web builder.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

skywalker

Thanks for the comments Leon  :), I will try and get the improvements done over the next few days, including putting a Pendraken link
Being a complete computer no hoper I was suprised that  it has turned out quite good.  :D

Leon

Quote from: skywalker on 20 February 2014, 03:44:35 PM
Thanks for the comments Leon  :), I will try and get the improvements done over the next few days, including putting a Pendraken link
Being a complete computer no hoper I was suprised that  it has turned out quite good.  :D

No worries, I've added the new club site to the Battleground site as well.

8)

skywalker

Thanks for that Leon, is it possible for you to email me a jpeg of your store logo that I can use?
Also please can I copy a couple of the pictures taken at Smoggycon 2013 of the Ironbeards Bolt Action game to put on the site?

Thanks and may the force be with you =)