Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Started by Leon, 12 October 2013, 05:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

12 October 2013, 05:30:51 AM Last Edit: 21 October 2015, 04:39:37 PM by Leon
In advance of this section of the website going live, here are the most common questions we get by email.  Hopefully this will answer most of the regular queries, but let me know if there's anything else which you think should be covered.

(Clicking the link next to the header will jump you to that particular section)

General - http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8615.msg94108.html#msg94108]
- Who are Pendraken?
- Are you adding 'X' to your ranges?
- Are your figures compatible with 'Company X'?

Ordering/Orders - http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8615.msg94109.html#msg94109
- How do I place an order?
- Do I have to register on the website to place an order?
- How long does it take to receive my goods?
- Can I order by telephone?
- Can I visit and pick up an order in person?
- Can I pick up an order at a show?
- Can I make custom orders?
- Can you send me samples?
- Can I buy your products elsewhere?
- I ordered through the website and then added some items by email as well, but these are not shown on my Shipment Confirmation email?

Products/Website - http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8615.msg94110.html#msg94110
- Can I change the composition of the army packs?
- Why aren't there pictures with all the products?
- I am outside the EU, do I pay VAT?
- My order is showing as 'Awaiting Payment Confirmation', what does this mean?
- My order is showing as 'Awaiting Shipment Confirmation', what does this mean?

Shipping - http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8615.msg94111.html#msg94111
- What are your shipping prices?
- How long does it take for my items to arrive?
- What shipping method do you use?

Misc - http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8615.msg94111.html#msg94111
- What are the metal pegs underneath some of the horses and what do I do with them?

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

12 October 2013, 05:32:01 AM #1 Last Edit: 05 April 2016, 02:15:27 AM by Leon
GENERAL

>>  Who are Pendraken?

Pendraken Miniatures was formed in 1992 by Dave and Lynne Pengilley.  As the business grew, more members of the family became involved in the business, and we've all now worked for the company at some point.  The current workforce consists of:

Dave - The Boss Guy, takes care of all the moulding and casts most of the 20th Century orders.
Leon - Day-to-day jobs, looking after the emails, website and Forum, keeping on top of the sculptors/releases and generally greasing the wheels of the Pendraken machine!  Also casts when required.
Lynne - Dave's better half, looks after the accounts and does the Post Office runs.
Adele - Leon's better half, helps out with packaging, show prep, runs to the stationers, and other random jobs!
Stuart - Our first part-time caster, who joined us in 2010, and does a couple of days per week casting a variety of orders, mainly historicals and also SCW and Vietnam.
Ian - Our second caster, who joined us in 2014, and does 4 days per week casting a variety of orders, mainly pre-20th C and Fantasy/Sci-Fi.
Jess - Jess joined us in 2014 and takes care of checking and packaging all the orders, packaging stock for the shows, and other random odd jobs!

There are also a couple of other family members, like Matt who keeps the website oiled, Jenna who occasionally helps out with show prep, and then our team of designers as well, so quite a few people in the Pendraken machine!

>>  Are you adding figure 'X' to your ranges?

We are constantly releasing new items, usually somewhere between 200-300 new products each year, so there's always something new on the way.  We update our Forum regularly with the latest sculpts which have arrived as well.  If there's something which you'd like to see added to our catalogue, the best thing to do is make your suggestion on our Forum, and then other people can add their votes.  The more votes it receives, the more likely it is to reach production!  We regularly update the request lists, and compile a Top 10 to keep people in the loop.

>>  Are your figures compatible with 'Company X'?

The simple answer is maybe?  We don't have a selection of figures from other 10mm companies, so the best thing to do is post on our Forum and our super helpful members can offer their advice and some pics if you're lucky!  Generally, we try to make sure that our ranges are as comprehensive as possible, and are constantly working to achieve this.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

12 October 2013, 05:32:30 AM #2 Last Edit: 20 March 2015, 09:17:33 PM by Leon
ORDERING / ORDERS

>>  How do I place an order?

You can order by several methods:
- Website - Simply browse the products, and add the items to your Basket.  Proceed to the checkout and the website will transfer you to PayPal for your payment.
- Email - Pop us your order using the 'Contact Us' section of our website, and we'll get back to you to confirm the price and your preferred payment method.
- Telephone - Give us a ring on 01642 460638, and we'll take your order and card details over the phone.
- Mail - Send us your order in the post, and we'll get it all sorted out for you.

>>  How can I pay for my order?

The website uses PayPal for all orders, but we can also take credit/debit card payments or cheques made payable to 'Pendraken'.

>>  Do I have to register on the website to place an order?

No, not at all, if you don't want to register on our website, simply pop us an email with your order, or give us a ring.  Registering on the website does have it's advantages though, allowing you to store items in your Basket to come back later, check on previous orders, and receive automated updates when your package has been shipped.

>>  How long does it take to receive my goods?

Due to us having over 3500 items in our catalogue now, all of our products are cast to order.  We normally aim to get everything cast up and sent out within around 7-10 days, but this can take longer when we are busy with shows, or due to illness, etc.  We do keep some items on hand, like bases, paints, decals, etc, so orders for these items are generally shipped within a few days.

>>  Can I order by telephone?

Yes, no problem at all, just give us a ring on 01642 460638, and we'll take your order over the phone.

>>  Can I visit and pick up an order in person?

Yes, no bother at all!  Please let us know when you intend to visit, and also a list of what you'd like to collect, at least 48 hours in advance, to give us chance to get it ready for you.  The unit address is:

Pendraken Miniatures
Unit 2D
Vaughan Court
Bolckow Industrial Estate
Middlesbrough
TS6 7BJ

Give us a shout if you need any directions.

>>  Can I pick up an order at a show?

Yes, we can sort this for you, no problem.  Simply email us a list of what you would like, at least 7 days before the show you're attending, and we'll get it all cast up ready for the event.

>>  Can I make custom orders?

Yes, we can do custom orders on most of our ranges.  The best thing to do is send us a list by email, stating which code and figures you would like, for example NPF1 - French Line x 24 figures, NPF3 French Officer x 3 figures, etc.  We will total everything up, and get back to you to confirm the price and your preferred payment method.

>>  Can you send me samples?

We can send out some samples, no bother at all.  Pop us an email stating which ranges you are interested in, and also your address, and we'll get some sent out for you.

>>  Can I buy your products elsewhere?

We don't have any shops who stock our full ranges, but you can place orders with several companies in the US and around Europe.  These companies will generally stockpile the customer orders and then place one big order with us, so there can be some delay on your order.  Please check directly with them to confirm estimated delivery times.

USA
The Warstore - http://www.thewarstore.com/
Great Hall Games - http://www.greathallgames.com/

Spain
Atlantica Juegos - http://atlanticajuegos.com/

Germany
Worean Shop - http://www.worean.com/start.php

France
FG Miniz - http://fgminiznewsflash.blogspot.co.uk/

>>  I ordered through the website and then added some items by email as well, but these are not shown on my Shipment Confirmation email?

We are unable to edit the orders already in our website, so the Order Shipment email will only show the items on your original order.  Nothing to worry about though, if we confirmed receipt of your extra items, and you've paid for them, then they will be in the package as well.  Once it arrives, give it a check over and let us know if there's any problems.

Leon

12 October 2013, 05:32:50 AM #3 Last Edit: 12 October 2013, 05:43:19 AM by Leon
PRODUCTS / WEBSITE

>>  Can I change the composition of the army packs?

Our army packs are all discounted by 10%, and are often designed to match up with the composition of our moulds.  However, you can change up to 2 of the packs within them, so swapping 3lb guns for 6lb guns, or swapping Dragoons for Hussars is fine.  Once you have placed your order through the website, just pop us an email to let us know the changes you'd like to make.

>>  Why aren't there pictures with all the products?

Apologies for the lack of pictures on the website at the moment, it is something we are constantly working to improve.  We are currently working with some painters to get painted examples of all our ranges, but this will take time to get sorted out.  In the meantime, there are loads of pictures on our Forum which have been posted by our awesome members, and if there's something you can't find, let us know and we'll do our best to get you a picture.

>>  I am outside the EU, do I pay VAT?

No you don't.  When you place the order through the website, the Basket will automatically deduct the VAT from your order when you get to the Checkout.  

>>  My order is showing as 'Awaiting Payment Confirmation', what does this mean?

This means one of two things:
- You haven't paid for your order yet.  There is a link within your Account which you can use to make the payment.
- We haven't confirmed the payment yet at our end.  All of the payments have to be manually confirmed by us on the website, so if we've been away at a show, or busy casting up orders, there can sometimes be a delay before we get chance to go into the website and click the button.  If you have any concerns, just pop us an email.

>>  My order is showing as 'Awaiting Shipment Confirmation', what does this mean?

This means that your order is in the queue to be cast up, and we'll be getting to it as soon as possible.  We normally get orders cast up and sent out within around 10 days, but this can take longer due to shows, illness, etc.  We will always aim to get your order sent within 21 days, but if your order is getting close to that deadline, pop us an email and we'll let you know how close it is to being sent.

Leon

12 October 2013, 05:33:26 AM #4 Last Edit: 21 October 2015, 04:40:56 PM by Leon
SHIPPING

>>  What are your shipping rates?

UK/BFPO: 5% of the order value (minimum £2.00)
Europe (Region 1): 15% of the order value (minimum £3.50)
Europe (Region 2): 25% of the order value (minimum £3.50)
Rest of World: 25% of the order value (minimum £4.00)

>>  How long does it take for my items to arrive?

UK packages are sent 1st class, and are usually delivered within 1-2 days normally.  There can be delays caused by Bank Holidays, Christmas, etc.
European packages are sent by Airmail, and are usually delivered within 3-7 days normally.  Occasionally there are delays depending on where you are.
Rest of the World packages are all sent by Airmail, and should be with you within 5-10 days usually.  We do get the odd package which is rerouted by Surface by the postal people, so these can take a lot longer, up to 6 weeks sometimes.  Luckily this doesn't happen very often.  There can also be delays caused by the various Customs people around the world.

For all orders, please allow a suitable length of time before contacting us, 7 days in the UK, 2 weeks in Europe, and 4 weeks for the Rest of the World if possible.  Unfortunately, once the package leaves our hands, there's not a lot we can do to speed up it's delivery.

>>  What shipping method do you use?

The majority of our packages are sent through Royal Mail, either 1st class in the UK, or Airmail for international packages.  We will occasionally use courier services, but this is generally on larger orders over the 2kg threshold, where the costs through Royal Mail become quite high.

MISC

>>  What are the metal pegs underneath some of the horses and what do I do with them?

The metal peg is present on some of the figures just to help get the metal to flow up into the belly of the horse.  There are a few options to get rid of it, you can clip it off with a pair of snips, or a quick flick with a scalpel will soon go through it.  Most of the poses provide enough space to get in, the only tricky one is the galloping horse with the legs close together, as the bottom of the metal pole connects to the horses hooves at the bottom and is a bit harder to cut through.

Last Hussar

Missing "Why do you keep taking all my husband/boyfriend's money?"
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leon

Quote from: Last Hussar on 08 November 2013, 11:15:30 PM
Missing "Why do you keep taking all my husband/boyfriend's money?"

Because your husband/boyfriend is unfortunately an addict, a metallic magpie if you will, whose love of shiny metal goodness comes before food, drink and even sleep.  To keep his addiction in check, regular visits must be made to the Pendraken website, where his cravings can be satiated, albeit temporarily.  Long periods of time away from the Pendraken website will result in lethargy, grumpiness and potential mood swings.  There may also be an abundance of spare paint and MDF bases which appear in his mancave.

:D

Orcs

Missing -

Since joining the forum my Husband/Boyfreind keeps muttering about "The Totty Thread".  Please can you exlain what this is?
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

The Top Totty thread is a painting and style guide for some of the Pendraken codes that are not well documented in most military history reference guides.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Answer

have a bit of patience....

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

FAQ: When are figures for the Burmese Banana War going to be released?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

28 July 2014, 08:32:13 AM #12 Last Edit: 28 July 2014, 08:35:16 AM by Just a few Orcs
Quote from: FierceKitty on 28 July 2014, 08:03:00 AM
FAQ: When are figures for the Burmese Banana War going to be released?

They are due to be realeased immediately after the Meso american range that will include Aztecs, Incas and Conquistadors.

We will be continueing to release figures on significant anniversaries for that range.  The Meso-Americas  range is due to released to celebrate the 600th anniversery af the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

28 July 2014, 08:35:22 AM #13 Last Edit: 28 July 2014, 10:02:46 AM by FierceKitty
Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 28 July 2014, 08:32:13 AM
They are due to be realeased immediately after the Meso american range that will include Aztecs, Incas and Conquistadors.  The Meso-American range is due to be released to celebrate the 600th anniversery af the discovery of America by Christopher Columbus.

Ah, he was that Irish saint who crossed over after Brendan in 1414, wasn't he? After all, we all know very well that the Genoese chap had nothing to do with it.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Hertsblue

The reason Brendan was ignored was that he failed to post his discovery on Twitter. What a twit!
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net