Show: Warfare, Reading

Started by Leon, 12 October 2013, 01:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: kustenjaeger on 11 November 2013, 11:14:53 AM
Greetings

EC29 seems quite popular as I ordered one too for Warfare ...

Regards

Edward

:-bd

It's the must-have battlefield accoutrement for the season  ;)

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Leon

Van all packed, time to grab some sleep before Dave turns up at 10:30am to get on the road.  Hope to see some of you there!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

I'll be there and looking forward to seeing some familiar faces.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Shedman

I know it's probably bad etiquette to quote oneself but

Quote from: Shedman on 09 November 2013, 02:19:00 PM
I am undecided as whether to pre-order some mdf bases or wait until the show so I can have a frisson of will they / won't they have them in stock

The bases were in stock and I met Leon so frisson +1

It's tempting to buy loads of stuff from the Pendraken stand but with the Mongols in the offing I had to restrain myself

I also ran into the lads from 4Ground who appear to be taking over shows with the number of stands selling their excellent buildings :)

Rest of the show was pretty average.

Alan

Nosher

Haven't made a show since 2004 :(

Combination of too far to travel, crap timing (why are all the shows about a week before people get paid?), cost implications of travel/time off work etc, work, real life and not enjoying being in large cattle market type crowds...
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

QuoteRest of the show was pretty average.

Craig and I made the trip up today and agree with the above.

It was the first time we have properly had a look at a show as normally we are putting on demo games. It was great to have a good chat with Dave, Leon & Co and pick up our orders plus a few other buy on the day items. Seeing some of the traders in person rather than on the internet was good; a lot of the stuff looks better in the flesh than on a computer monitor. MDF buildings are to be seen everywhere, so possibly the demise of large scale resin buildings is on the cards?

The downside were the demo games which were pretty poor IMHO; not a patch on Colours or the international shows. A real shame for such a large show. If I had travelled for the demo games, I would have been less than impressed to be honest. I don't think I will be attending in the future.

kustenjaeger

Greetings

The demo games have never been a high point of Warfare but they were, in general, pretty poor this year in my opinion.

I spent quite a bit of time talking to people.  Apart from the Pendraken order I didn't spend a lot (a second hand Osprey, remaindered book, 2 packs of 15mm Heavy weapons, a 20mm Valentine tank and stowage).

Regards

Edward

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It was an odd day.
Good to see everyone, pity trade was so quiet.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

As always nice to see a few familiar faces as Lemmey says. Considering the car park was packed and you had to wait for a place, the show was remarkably quiet. Good for us having a wander, but naturally not the traders.

Shedman

Parking is always a pain

I came by train, wandered round the show then headed to the Moderation to watch England vs NZ, look at my purchases and pay £3.60 for a pint of beer

:o =)

petercooman

Quote from: Steve J on 17 November 2013, 04:50:32 PM

MDF buildings are to be seen everywhere, so possibly the demise of large scale resin buildings is on the cards?

This was my thought at crisis too!

I don't see it as a positive for the wargames market though. Everyone seems to be making them, so i think it will be bad for those companies solely dedicated to making terrain . Also some of the stuff doesn't look that good , i sometimes get the feeling someone just tried it out with lego and made it into a model or something  ;D

mart678

Nice to see Dave and Leon at Reading
Dropped of 2 new masters for them but did not get a chance to photograph them first so you will all have to guess what they where
as for the show 476.2 Mile round trip well worth it
Martin

freddy326

Quote from: mart678 on 18 November 2013, 01:32:03 PM

Dropped of 2 new masters for them but did not get a chance to photograph them first so you will all have to guess what they where

ME! ME!! I know this one!!!

Two variants of the Soviet T-35!! :D

Rob

Quote from: freddy326 on 19 November 2013, 08:29:27 AM
ME! ME!! I know this one!!!

Two variants of the Soviet T-35!! :D
No you are totally wrong! It is a Chieftain with stillbrew armour and a T64.  :D