(Brian Blessed voice) Harwood's alive!

Started by nikharwood, 10 October 2013, 05:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

Yes, indeed - any rumours of my demise are exaggerated. Sorry 'bout that   ;)

We've moved house - crazy, crazy stuff - got confirmation of completion with 2 days notice so it was totally manic...vastly overrated experience if you ask me.

Anyway, it means that we're now living in the middle of nowhere - in a holiday cottage on Exmoor, which is beautiful but it does mean that I have no landline, mobile signal or internet which is leaving me disconnected. It was great for the first week (last week) but this week I've been twitching a bit...and work is bonkers at the moment so I haven't even been able to get on here courtesy of my employers.

So - expect sporadic posting from me for the next 2-3 months...and try to behave, natch.  :D

Nosher

10 October 2013, 05:47:27 PM #1 Last Edit: 10 October 2013, 05:51:22 PM by Nosher
Quote from: nikharwood on 10 October 2013, 05:41:16 PM
Yes, indeed - any rumours of my demise are exaggerated. Sorry 'bout that   ;)

We've moved house - crazy, crazy stuff - got confirmation of completion with 2 days notice so it was totally manic...vastly overrated experience if you ask me.

Anyway, it means that we're now living in the middle of nowhere - in a holiday cottage on Exmoor, which is beautiful but it does mean that I have no landline, mobile signal or internet which is leaving me disconnected. It was great for the first week (last week) but this week I've been twitching a bit...and work is bonkers at the moment so I haven't even been able to get on here courtesy of my employers.

So - expect sporadic posting from me for the next 2-3 months...and try to behave, natch.  :D

And very glad I am to hear it too! Thought the Totty thread had been somewhat neglected of late :D

Take care of yourself buddy and see you 'back in the bin*' very soon.

(*) as in LOONY ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Kiwidave

Quote from: nikharwood on 10 October 2013, 05:41:16 PM
... it means that we're now living in the middle of nowhere...

And Dunster was the centre of the known universe?   :D

Leon

Good to hear everything got sorted out OK!  We'll hold the fort until you get some interwebs sorted, I'll do some Totty research tonight.

Actually, I've just Google'd 'Naked on the Moors' and it didn't come back with anything... useful, shall we say...

:(
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Nice to see you back Mr Harwood.

The big news is that there's still no Centurion, but I think Pendraken could be described as "dilated".
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Welcome back Nik !
Hope things get back on a much more even keel asap.

Cheers - Phil.

Orcs

Hi Nik

Glad the move went ok.  Think of all the painting you can do without the distraction of the forum.   Thats with a roller and bucket of emulsion though  ;D

Mark
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Last Hussar

Nik - a-ah - painter of the universe
Flash - a-ah - he'll paint every one of us
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Nik - a-ah - he's a miracle
Nik - a-ah - king of a bit of Somerset

Paints faster than everyone of us
Paintes better than everyone of us
He'll buy a lot of figures
Every man, every cannon
Every horse – painted in a flash

Nik - a-ah
Nik - a-ah - he'll save everyone of us

Just a man
With a lot of 10 mil
He knows nothing but the lead
But he can never stop
Has a 15 – nought brush
for all their eyes
Oh oh - oh oh
Nik
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Techno

Very good ! ;D ;D
Don't think he's likely to be back this weekend.
Sounds like the weather's going to be as awful for him as it's destined to be here.....Lovely. :( :( :( :(
Cheers - Phil

nikharwood

Like it lots  :D

Just grabbing some internet whilst the kids play in one of those mad places with slides etc...so particularly appropriate to be feeding the Totty thread from here...

Phil's right though - major storm on way which will cause chaos on higher ground (like the top of Exmoor where I am) & probably take the present Mrs H out of action for the next 48 hours as she'll be coordinating the response from Highways gangs & tree chaps clearing the debris etc.

So, I see a few drinks, some DVDs and some painting...not got any 10mm prepped at the moment that aren't in storage, but those 28mm WW2 might get some paint lobbed at  them later  8)

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Techno

Good luck Nik !
Just preparing to batten down the hatches here.
Hopefully it won't be half as bad as the media are suggesting...But you never know, do you ? :-SS :-SS
Cheers - Phil.

Steve J

Still only forecasting 25mph here, although the wind is picking up. Meant to peak in the early hours of the morning.

Techno

Appears as though the real 'poop' is going to be South of us now.....Whereas before, we were supposed to be bang in the middle of it.
Fingers crossed...and good luck to those that get the worst.
Cheers - Phil.