(Brian Blessed voice) Harwood's alive!

Started by nikharwood, 10 October 2013, 05:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Last Hussar

Wear a condom when painting?

Is my brushwork that bad?
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Techno

Compared what we've had here over the last 10 days or so...last night could only described as mildly unpleasant.
It rained...But no-where near as much as it often does.....And I didn't hear the wind howling once. (Believe me....you DO hear it when it does !)
Haven't checked outside yet...But I'd be surprised if there were even any very small branches down.

From what I've heard on the news this morning the awful stuff was (and is) well South and looping around us.
Hope Nik's OK....and it sounds as though Ray's getting a bit of a battering at the moment...
Good luck to them...and to everyone else in the firing line.

Take care. Cheers - Phil.

Steve J

Yep, nothing really here other than a spell of torrential rain and strong, gusting winds for around 15 minutes at 5.00am. Had far worse normal storms than the supposed 10 year storm of last night.

fsn

Good to hear all is well. Here in the North West I was more disturbed by the Cat yowling at 3am than I was by any eatherrelated phenomonon.

However, this did involve some clearing up in the morning, as he yowled until he puked.  >:( again.  >:(
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 28 October 2013, 08:21:29 AM
Good to hear all is well. Here in the North West I was more disturbed by the Cat yowling at 3am than I was by any eatherrelated phenomonon.

You weren't having another bath at that time.....Just so you could scare the cat again, were you fsn ? ;) ;D
Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Just a bit blowey  in south east Bedfordshire around Aylesbury, with a bit or rain in the wind.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Erm,
I'm in leighton Buzzard, that's south West beds, that's about how far Beds gets, throw a stone here and yu hit Bucks!
Aylesbury vale is Bucks. Think you might mean se Bucks?
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

Yep - that was a bit of an anticlimax really...it was pretty blowy on Exmoor & pretty wet, but quite disappointing really.

Did have a couple of drinks & did some painting though  ;)

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 28 October 2013, 10:31:55 AM
You weren't having another bath at that time.....Just so you could scare the cat again, were you fsn ? ;) ;D

;D ;D Nooooo.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Had to drive all around the houses this morning just to get the other half to a functioning tube-line so that she could get in to work. Some fairly frequent falls of timber around here. Railways used it as an excuse to stay in bed.

For Pete's sake, Nik, what are you doing all the way up there? There are pretty houses and there are comfortable houses but there are precious few comfortable pretty houses. If it's more than a ten minute walk to the nearest pub pull up the drawbridge - you're in the barbarian zone.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 28 October 2013, 11:35:27 AM
Erm,
I'm in leighton Buzzard, that's south West beds, that's about how far Beds gets, throw a stone here and yu hit Bucks!

Yep you're right Lemmy.  I was thinking about otherthings at the tie
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

sunjester

Quote from: mad lemmey on 28 October 2013, 11:35:27 AM
Erm,

Sadly Just a Few Orcs is easily confused, he can often be found wandering into next-door-but-one!  :d

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Leon

Quote from: sunjester on 28 October 2013, 08:01:25 PM
...he can often be found wandering into next-door-but-one!  :d

And back out again after 3 minutes...  :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!