From bag to base - Painting Pendraken 10mm ACW

Started by Tobbe, 08 October 2013, 04:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbe

08 October 2013, 04:17:30 PM Last Edit: 08 October 2013, 05:46:09 PM by Tobbe
I made a simple video on how I paint 10 mils.

( http://www.forward-to-richmond.com/2013/10/08/from-bag-to-base-painting-pendraken-10mm-acw/)

The regiment is 8th New York State Militia "Washington Grays"
(http://www.forward-to-richmond.com/2013/10/08/8th-new-york-state-militia-washington-grays/)

I hope you find some of it interesting.
I'm about to embark on the fool's mission of setting up Battle of the Auroch Hills with 10mm figures as well as building a scale model of the battleground. Maybe next year.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

How good was that! Keep that going; it's looking fantastic. As I've said before, if I hadn't got into 15mm ACW about 20 0dd years ago I would certainly be going down the 10mm route.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

chalkie

Techno

Ditto !!
And it played without loads of pixels jumping all over the place...HUZZAH !!
Cheers - Phil

fsn

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 08 October 2013, 05:59:10 PM
As I've said before, if I hadn't got into 15mm ACW about 20 0dd years ago I would certainly be going down the 10mm route.

Never too late to change!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Rob

This is so good it ought to be a "sticky" so that we don't lose it.  :)

Techno

Tobbe

09 October 2013, 04:06:54 PM #11 Last Edit: 09 October 2013, 04:15:01 PM by Tobbe
Quote from: Rob on 09 October 2013, 10:33:34 AM
This is so good it ought to be a "sticky" so that we don't lose it.  :)
Thanks for the kind words :)

As a sausage-fingered, rheumy-eyed, shaky-handed 50 year old, I had to find out a few techniques, over the past months, that enabled me to end up with  decent results in 10mm.
In sharing them I'm hoping that others might find a new trick or two.
I'm about to embark on the fool's mission of setting up Battle of the Auroch Hills with 10mm figures as well as building a scale model of the battleground. Maybe next year.

Techno

Quote from: Tobbe on 09 October 2013, 04:06:54 PM
As a sausage-fingered, rheumy-eyed, shaky-handed 50 year old,

Aha !!....Just a young whipper-snapper then ! ;)
You deserve the praise Tobbe......Look better than 'decent' to me 'youth'. ;) :P
Cheers - Phil

Fenton

Quote from: Tobbe on 09 October 2013, 04:06:54 PM
Thanks for the kind words :)

As a sausage-fingered, rheumy-eyed, shaky-handed 50 year old, I had to find out a few techniques, over the past months, that enabled me to end up with  decent results in 10mm.
In sharing them I'm hoping that others might find a new trick or two.

Good stuff..
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Tobbe

Quote from: Techno on 09 October 2013, 04:16:11 PMYou deserve the praise Tobbe......Look better than 'decent' to me 'youth'. ;) :P
*grins* The white primer and black pre-wash thechnique does demand crisply sculpted figures with good detail to pick out. Look at how well it works with the new "rifle on the right shoulder" figs   :P