From bag to base - Painting Pendraken 10mm ACW

Started by Tobbe, 08 October 2013, 04:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenton

I dont. I use it a replacement for Army painter..I use Vallejo quick shade black over grey to bring the details up ...I use the Klear stuff on larger 28mm models on 6 and 10mm I use W&N Nut Brown ink
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Fenton

I was down in Sainsburys about an hour ago and looked at the bottle and its the same stuff as I have
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

get2grips

Quote from: Fenton on 10 January 2014, 05:52:23 PM
I dont. I use it a replacement for Army painter..I use Vallejo quick shade black over grey to bring the details up ...I use the Klear stuff on larger 28mm models on 6 and 10mm I use W&N Nut Brown ink

I've used AP on 10mm skellies; would pledge do the same?

Fenton

yeah should do but of course you make the mix to what ever strength you want or different colour..I use the Klear and Army Painter strong tone ink cos I'm a cheapskate

get2grips

Anyone using Army Painter dip should give this a go: works really well :-bd

Thanks again Steve ;)

toxicpixie

I use B&Q's quick drying wood varnish in rosewood, about a fiver a tin and lasts for ages, gives good shading and cover. A good matt varnish across the top is needed though!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

get2grips

toxicpixie

He might have inspiration, along with Tim of Madaxman fame! Works well, lasts ages, cheap as chips :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

nikharwood

Quote from: get2grips on 10 March 2014, 06:43:03 PM
I think Nik uses something similar :-\

Yep - Wilko's Wood Stain. About £3 for a decent-sized tin...best diluted a bit.  :)

Itinerant Hobbyist

Tobbe

I'm about to embark on the fool's mission of setting up Battle of the Auroch Hills with 10mm figures as well as building a scale model of the battleground. Maybe next year.

steve_holmes_11

A question:

I've used Pledge as a dip / wash at the end of painting, but never as an undercoat.

Does it's glossy finish cause problems with applying acrylics to the figure?

Leman

My experience is no when I have used as a wash over white primer.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!