10mm Stonehenge

Started by arabianknight, 04 October 2013, 10:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arabianknight

I'm sure that alot of folk will have seen these, but I can't find it mentioned in the forum so thought it worth a post (apologies if this isn't correct)

Treated myself to one of those "Build your own Stonehenge" kits on Amazon. Arrived yesterday so took a couple of quick snaps to show scale. Obviously with Pendraken Dwarf and Barbarian.

Nice robust stones.

slightly more at http://weeblokes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/10mm-stonehenge.html

Que Spinal Tap quotes.....  ;D

Fenton

I got a kit to...bought it in Waterstones...really good value and when built fits nicely onto a CD
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

arabianknight

I wasn't sure if it would fit on a CD, the jigsaw base looked a bit bigger. I suppose it depends on how you arrange the stones maybe.

Nice to know, thanks, CDs are great bases  :)

Fenton

Quote from: arabianknight on 04 October 2013, 10:53:56 AM
I wasn't sure if it would fit on a CD, the jigsaw base looked a bit bigger. I suppose it depends on how you arrange the stones maybe.

Nice to know, thanks, CDs are great bases  :)

I was just looking at it ..I think I left some bits out to make it fit
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

arabianknight

There are quite a number of stones in the kit. Using less on the main piece would still keep the theme\effect whilse leaving some stones for extra scenic items.

Sounds like a plan  :-bd

Fenton

If you could find yourself a crappy old laser disc........

An old 45 record is bigger than a CD...wonder if that would work?

arabianknight

Ha, an old 45 would warp like hell - some of mine used to even though I was trying to keep them in top condition!

78s tended to be thicker, but I suspect even cardboard would be more practical in the end  ;)

Never had the pocket money for Laser Disks. Can't remember even seeing any - they occupy a space in that "Real life Science Fiction" section in my brain!

Malbork

Is it just me or is anyone else hearing Spinal Tap in the background?  :-\ ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

;D ;D ;D ;D
Stop it M !

I can do you some small pieces of bluestone for extra authenticity out of the garden if you want.
(Only live a short distance from where some of the stones were allegedly quaried.)
Cheers - Phil.

Fenton

Quote from: Techno on 04 October 2013, 03:35:59 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D
Stop it M !

I can do you some small pieces of bluestone for extra authenticity out of the garden if you want.
(Only live a short distance from where some of the stones were allegedly quaried.)
Cheers - Phil.

Do you have a website?  ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You know, that could be an addition to chalkies scenery range, he sends you cash, you ship him a lump of your back garden!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: mad lemmey on 04 October 2013, 07:13:20 PM
You know, that could be an addition to chalkies scenery range, he sends you cash, you ship him a lump of your back garden!

I've got some stones in field 'walls' that are the size of a small car Will....Think those might be a bit heavy to go in the post.

Quote from: Fenton on 04 October 2013, 05:52:54 PM
Do you have a website?  ;)

No.... But I know where you live don't I 'X' ?.....I can always send you some 'chips'.  ;) ;D
Cheers - Phil