Color of Austro-Hungarian Infrantry of WW 1

Started by Rougue, 28 September 2013, 03:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rougue

I'm looking for help with the color of AH Inf.for WW 1.I have the Mollo book on WW1 uniform's which it's called a Dove Grey but look's gray/blue to me. Is there a Vallejo color that look's close I haven't located anything that strike's me as close. I've ordered the Pendraken starter army I live in the State's so I've got some time before they arrive. I welcome any suggestion's regarding color/manufacture even if it's not Vallejo as to what other's here on the form are using.
                                                                                                        Thank's
                                                                                                         Mike 8->

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Try Revell grey, it's a blue grey...
Should be available in model aircraft shops.
http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/1533_1_2327439.html something like that (although this lot don't ship outside the UK)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Hertsblue

It was officially known as "Pike Grey" and it was, as you say, a sort of bluey grey. Bear in mind though that on campaign uniform colours could fade badly. Also different batches of dyed cloth could be slightly different shades (the German field-grey, for instance, got darker as the war progressed) particularly if they came from different factories.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net