1:3000 British WWII Ships

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 21 September 2013, 10:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Very nice, Will !!  8)

Cheers - Phil

toxicpixie

I like those Minesweepers!

Just to resuscitate things :D GQII - I found my copy in the loft the other night, must find the second book, and maybe post current stuff at the club find my boats. They gave a fast, playable result that never felt off kilter for the period. I know GQ3 adds more chrome but like Paulr says above, they seem to add complexity without result...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Beware the Biases, Bismark is a super ship, which is rather silly since it's a rework of the WWI Barden class.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

Yes, she's a "conceptual successor" to the Bayern but they did quite a lot of fiddling. Not least doubling the size of the beast!

It's a while since we played GQ2 but I don't recall her being any more fearsome than any other super-massive BB ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I've not got any Bismark class...
Hipper next.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Quote from: ianrs54 on 18 October 2019, 04:25:23 PM
Beware the Biases, Bismark is a super ship, which is rather silly since it's a rework of the WWI Barden class.

IanS

Quote from: toxicpixie on 18 October 2019, 05:47:31 PM
Yes, she's a "conceptual successor" to the Bayern but they did quite a lot of fiddling. Not least doubling the size of the beast!

It's a while since we played GQ2 but I don't recall her being any more fearsome than any other super-massive BB ;)

Just checked the GQ II stats for Bismarck and King George V, same attack factor and similar defense factor (21 v 18) so comparable
Either would be in trouble against an Iowa or Yamato with their much higher AF and Yamato's higher DF X_X
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

HMS Lion and HMS Rodney
Thanks for the help IDing Lion chaps...

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Techno

sunjester

How do you find the time? Don't you sleep or something?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Definitely not British, but latest two 1:3000 done.

Two Hipper class cruisers, Hipper and Prinz Eugen

(okay, Prinz Eugen was surrendered to Britain for about two weeks in 1945-6, does that count?)

Techno

Very nice, again, Will !!  :)

Cheers - Phil

Ace of Spades

Nice stuff and well executed!
The only problem is that it reminds me of the mass that I still have to do... :(

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Last of this batch finished. Doubt she will see action, but the infamous Altmark. I had to strip her, and dishwash her, to get her any where usable (3 or 4mm of enamal paint on her)

paulr

Well recovered :)

I hope your naval rules cover boarding actions ;)