1:3000 British WWII Ships

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 21 September 2013, 10:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Quote from: fred    12df on 27 July 2014, 08:36:08 AM
Modern camera phones can focus at very close distances - I used mine to take a photo of the number  etched into a lock the other day, from a couple of inches away.

Stroll on !!
That's very impressive !
Thanks, Fred.
Cheers - Phil

nikharwood

Really nicely done, Will - what rules are you using for these?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Thanks Nik. That's high praise indeed.
Going to use 'Naval Thunder' available as PDF from Wargames Vault. http://www.navalthunder.com
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

nikharwood

Coolio - let me know how you get on with them...I've been threatening to do some naval gaming for what seems like forever...and never quite managed it (apart from a spot of Dystopian Wars!)

nikharwood

Just read the rules oveview here: http://www.navalthunder.com/game-overview

Sounds good - one of my fears for naval wargames is the possibiilty / likelihood / requirement for intricate record-keeping; doesn't seem to be the case with Naval Thunder.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The ship recording excel file that comes with the rules is a godsend! Just put in the ship number and it builds your fleet for you, three ships to a sheet.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

paulr

Quote from: nikharwood on 28 July 2014, 02:52:25 PM
Just read the rules oveview here: http://www.navalthunder.com/game-overview

Sounds good - one of my fears for naval wargames is the possibiilty / likelihood / requirement for intricate record-keeping; doesn't seem to be the case with Naval Thunder.

I would suggest General Quarters 1 & 2, not the newer version 3. Simple, straightforward and very simple record keeping. 8 ships to a sheet  ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

nikharwood

Quote from: mad lemmey on 28 July 2014, 07:02:25 PM
The ship recording excel file that comes with the rules is a godsend! Just put in the ship number and it builds your fleet for you, three ships to a sheet.

Lovely  :)

Quote from: mad lemmey on 28 July 2014, 07:08:22 PM
Did you see this Nik?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i60_uMaivQ#t=112

Nope - but stacked in the watch-list for later...

Quote from: paulr on 28 July 2014, 08:51:23 PM
I would suggest General Quarters 1 & 2, not the newer version 3. Simple, straightforward and very simple record keeping. 8 ships to a sheet  ;)

Arrggh - more good stuff to look at...  :D

Ithoriel

I'll second General Quarters 1 & 2 as worth a look.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

Used to play a lot of GQ - really good game, so that's a third from me :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Hertsblue

Is this the General Quarters I bought in 1977, published by Navwar? I'd forgotten all about them.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

paulr

Quote from: Hertsblue on 29 July 2014, 12:00:10 PM
Is this the General Quarters I bought in 1977, published by Navwar? I'd forgotten all about them.

That would be the one, an oldie but a goodie  :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Scratch built some water splashes (shows how many main guns are firing at a ship) last night.
Bases are 20mm rounds.

Hopefully get them painted today for tonight's game.

Techno

Now they look like they're made out of original milliput, Will.  ;)
I think they'll look spot on when they're painted. :)
Cheers - Phil