Modern Vampires and Vampire Hunters.

Started by Steeleye, 21 September 2013, 07:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeleye

Okay I'm officially lobbying for a 'Modern Vampire' range.

I'd really like to see, blonde and brunette female 'vampire hunters'. The blonde should be wearing a 'really' short skirt and the brunette 'really' tight jeans.

A brooding vampire, with a high forehead.

An insane female vampire, in a flowing neo-victorian dress.

And of course, a male vampire with bleached blonde hair and a leather duster (that's a coat in case you're not sure coz leather dusters are not that good for picking up the dust).

Other figures I'd like to see would be; Wicca Lesbians, English Librarians, werewolf lead guitarists, cheerleaders and an American Football team.

Mad scientists, 'innocent civilians' and police would also be helpful.

I know its unlikely to happen but there's no harm in asking.

fsn

Congratulations on the most eclectic requests.

You do know that the figures come unpainted, so you could make them both redheads?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steeleye

I'm not fussy about hair colour...as long as the collar and cuffs match.

Techno

You'll really have to bully Leon Steeleye.  ;)
Sort of things I'd love to make.....Though 'skin tight' jeans are probably a no-no.
Not from the sculptors' point of view....But for casting at this scale they would be a complete nightmare, I'm afraid.
(The ankles would be so thin that they'd either snap on the table-top.....Or even before that....wouldn't allow the metal to flow through properly and Leon would end up spinning the mould umpteen times to get just one decent casting.)

There are some 'innocent civilians' in the new sci-fi range.....They might be of some interest to you though.
Hope that helps.
Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

get2grips

Quote from: fsn on 21 September 2013, 08:29:50 AM

You do know that the figures come unpainted, so you could make them both redheads?

;D ;D ;D

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Might sell better as modern martial arts expert?
Then she could be used as Buffy, or other characters?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steeleye

Quote from: mad lemmey on 21 September 2013, 03:45:03 PM
Might sell better as modern martial arts expert?
Then she could be used as Buffy, or other characters?

Very good idea, and as for the 'skin tight jeans' I can live with 'tight jeans'.

The thing is to keep away from  referring to anything to do with BtVS so as not to run fowl of people's lawyers. GZG make a range of 'vampire hunters' that look surprisingly like our favourite teenage vampire slayer and her friends without actually calling them that.

I think I've got some of the 'survivors' from the 're-vamped' (is that some one who's been turned into a vampire twice?) sci-fi range on order.

Over the last few months I've been working on a board game, a sort of 'Creature that Ate Sheboygan' city smasher game. All the 'units' are made up from 10mm figures and vehicles. I have US Regular Army (Vietnam range) US National Guard (WWII US infantry, its set in the sixties) Police and civilians were a bit hard to find but I managed it. I've got giant robots, demons, giant ants, a huge worm, a dragon and not so giant robots. I'm working on zombies but what I'd love to do is a Vampire scenario...anytime over the next five years will do!

get2grips

Quote from: Steeleye on 22 September 2013, 08:19:27 AM

Over the last few months I've been working on a board game, a sort of 'Creature that Ate Sheboygan' city smasher game. All the 'units' are made up from 10mm figures and vehicles. I have US Regular Army (Vietnam range) US National Guard (WWII US infantry, its set in the sixties) Police and civilians were a bit hard to find but I managed it. I've got giant robots, demons, giant ants, a huge worm, a dragon and not so giant robots. I'm working on zombies but what I'd love to do is a Vampire scenario...anytime over the next five years will do!

Might need to get busy with the green stuff: how are your sculpting skills?

Kassad

I' m in for the police. I think a pair of the new zombies could be nosferatu stile vampire with right paint work.
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

i_am_win

Modern police please, UK or US I don't mind which! Biker gang members wouldn't go amiss too!
Check out The Grinning Skull for Grinning Skull 15mm Miniatures rangehttp://www.thegrinningskull.co.uk/

Steeleye

Darn! Knew I'd forgotten something...biker gangs, YEAH!

I shall look at my zombies...hold on...hmmm, guy in the hoody, guy running and guy with right arm up by his face might well do for vamps.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Quote from: fsn on 21 September 2013, 08:29:50 AM
Congratulations on the most eclectic requests.

Don't count on it. Someone's running on hormones, not logic. ;)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.