Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
10 August 2020, 05:27:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have you seen our Plans for 2020 yet?
304762 Posts in 17771 Topics by 2250 Members
Latest Member: Sask76
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken News & Info!
| |-+  Shows
| | |-+  Previous Years
| | | |-+  2013 Show Stuff
| | | | |-+  Show: Crisis, Antwerp
« previous next »
Linked Events
  • Show: Crisis, Antwerp: 02 November 2013
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show: Crisis, Antwerp  (Read 10770 times)
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #15 on: 01 November 2013, 10:21:28 PM »

Went to Mons once with the amazing Mrs Lemmey.
Nice lunch, ruined the day by taking her down to the site of the battle, she has never forgiven me for dragging her to see 'A railway bridge over a dirty canal in an industrial estate!'

However she love Bruge the next day!  Grin

Off to the Shed of Decency.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Fenton
Lieutenant General

« Reply #16 on: 01 November 2013, 10:25:48 PM »

Which hotel are you in

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!
mollinary
Major General

« Reply #17 on: 01 November 2013, 10:39:18 PM »

Which hotel are you in

Casteau Resort ( a Best Western!).

Mollinary
Fenton
Lieutenant General

« Reply #18 on: 01 November 2013, 10:46:43 PM »

I stayed there !...When we  arrived  it was really windy and  when I drove down the side of the hotel to park, a street  sign was lifted up and smashed into the side of the car...The sign said ( in french) "Beware of high Winds"

Actually we didnt stay there it was a Best Western in the centre of Mons where we were
« Last Edit: 01 November 2013, 10:48:14 PM by Fenton » Logged

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!
Danyo
Second Lieutenant

« Reply #19 on: 02 November 2013, 06:34:45 PM »

Hope all who are there have a fantastic trip! I'm envious! Haha
petercooman
Lieutenant General

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt

« Reply #20 on: 02 November 2013, 11:54:32 PM »

Crisis was great!!

Picked up my package from pendraken, picked up a hexon board set for naval batles and some zvezda planes (i even bought one i already had in my pendraken box i just picked up ,got carried away a bit  Clown  ) and then went back to the pendraken stand to pick up 3 bags of seagrass, as it occured to me i forgot them in my order.

Also bought 12 packs of pirates of the carribean pocket models, not my usual style of stuff, but at 10 € for the lot, i just got them for on the new sea board, to 'introduce' the little one.

We got in 5 games this evening!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  He loved it!

Oh and off course credit for TSA, very very nice show model! I got two (that's also the fun of bringing the wife, you get doubles  Tongue )

Hope team pendraken had a great day and sold out!
Ace of Spades
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #21 on: 03 November 2013, 08:52:11 AM »

Absolutely great fun!
Also picked up our new project at Pendraken and played our 10mm Boer War game 'Colenso'. We had a lot of interest and some even recognized the battle we were playing Cheesy
Shook hands with OldenBUA (hope you got home at a reasonable time Alex Wink ) and spent my last money on small planes which I apparently can not do without... thanks Dennis!

Cheers,
Rob

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
OldenBUA
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #22 on: 03 November 2013, 09:44:55 AM »

Yeah, we got home at about 20:45 ish, after a first stop for food, and a second stop for coffee and Belgian chocolates. One mate then still had another half hour of cycling to do! At least it wasn't raining, like it did in the morning.

Not much Pendraken (well actually none at all) Pendraken goodies this year.  Embarrassed 

But I did get some dice from Minibits for a good price, with excellent service by one of the clones!  Thumbs up

Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin k lu.
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #23 on: 04 November 2013, 12:31:44 AM »

Great to see everyone at the show, including mollinary, OldenBUA, Ace of Spades, petercooman, and many others!  The show was a little quieter than last year, but I think the change of layout made it feel much busier.  Takings were about the same as 2012, maybe a couple of quid more this year.

Picked up my package from pendraken, picked up a hexon board set for naval batles and some zvezda planes (i even bought one i already had in my pendraken box i just picked up ,got carried away a bit  Clown  ) and then went back to the pendraken stand to pick up 3 bags of seagrass, as it occured to me i forgot them in my order.

I must have missed you somewhere, I was hoping to say hello!

Also picked up our new project at Pendraken and played our 10mm Boer War game 'Colenso'. We had a lot of interest and some even recognized the battle we were playing Cheesy

Good to meet you!  I'll get the pictures of your game done and put them up tomorrow or Tuesday.

But I did get some dice from Minibits for a good price, with excellent service by one of the clones!  Thumbs up

There were a few of them about I believe...

Cool

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
petercooman
Lieutenant General

« Reply #24 on: 04 November 2013, 04:35:26 PM »

I must have missed you somewhere, I was hoping to say hello!

As said i was at the counter twice,  but you were always busy with someone. Didn't want to disturb the conversation!
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #25 on: 04 November 2013, 08:53:19 PM »

As said i was at the counter twice,  but you were always busy with someone. Didn't want to disturb the conversation!

Ah, you should have shouted me, I thought I must have been away from the stand!

Cool

www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
petercooman
Lieutenant General

« Reply #26 on: 04 November 2013, 09:32:20 PM »

Nah i came by 10 minutes past opening or so. Picked up the goodies and went round the halls, and then remembered the static grass we pm'd about and and found some bags of them on the side of the counter (cleverly discounted when you buy3, so you just now i bought 3 Cheesy ). you looked extremely busy. So i just took a look at your booth and afterwards you still looked busy   Grin

Ran into my gaming buddy at that moment and he yonked me to some 28mm romans to ask for my opinion.
« Last Edit: 04 November 2013, 09:45:43 PM by petercooman » Logged
sebigboss79
Colonel

gaming in a store near you

« Reply #27 on: 04 November 2013, 09:56:02 PM »

Nice one, i hope to meet some of you chaps and put faces to names. This may seem a daft question but does anyone know if bringing back metal figs in hand luggage is ok at airports, the last thing i want is a jobsworth taking all my new shiny stuff of me,  thanks for any info.

kev

I have and yes they DO make you open the bag. Especially if you add the charger for your mobile fone Tongue
Other than that no issue. Put it on top of the bag, get it out preferably and tell the security guys (and girls): You will want to see this anyways.

But forget about any glue or paints in the carry on luggage.

Leon
Viscount

« Reply #28 on: 04 November 2013, 09:58:19 PM »

Nah i came by 10 minutes past opening or so. Picked up the goodies and went round the halls, and then remembered the static grass we pm'd about and and found some bags of them on the side of the counter (cleverly discounted when you buy3, so you just now i bought 3 Cheesy ). you looked extremely busy. So i just took a look at your booth and afterwards you still looked busy   Grin

Ran into my gaming buddy at that moment and he yonked me to some 28mm romans to ask for my opinion.

Cool

Leon
Viscount

« Reply #29 on: 15 November 2013, 03:39:33 AM »

I didn't manage to get these posted up after the show, but here are the pics of Ace of Spades' Boer War game at Crisis this year:

And a bonus shot capturing a couple of our Forum members:

Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: