Sci-Fi Revamp - It's Here!!!

Started by Leon, 18 September 2013, 02:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Wulf on 18 September 2013, 04:35:03 PM
In case my question was missed - are the Alien Creatures new or same as before (which they look to be)?

They're the same, although they've been remoulded so they're cleaner castings.  The new stuff is the Marines, heavy weapons, power armour troops, drones, zombies, survivors, grey aliens and termination robots.  Everything else has been cleaned up and remoulded where necessary.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Kassad

Excellent! I like the new miniatures. Great works!
2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Matt J

very nice, I'll be adding a zombie horde to my next order.

Quick question £5 a pack, is that because masters were funded by Phil? (hope this question isn't too impertinent, slap me down if it is, just interested is all - at £5 they are still great value)
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Leon

Quote from: Matt of Munslow on 18 September 2013, 07:40:16 PM
very nice, I'll be adding a zombie horde to my next order.

Quick question £5 a pack, is that because masters were funded by Phil? (hope this question isn't too impertinent, slap me down if it is, just interested is all - at £5 they are still great value)

Not too sure what you mean by 'funded by'? 

We've paid for the sculpts as we do with any range, the price difference is really down to the number of variants in the pack (9), and the corresponding prices of the other Sci-Fi codes, which have always been slightly higher than the historicals (don't ask me why, they just have!).  So, if 10 figures are £1.80, then 30 would be £5.40, or £5 if we knock a bit off.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

get2grips

18 September 2013, 09:13:43 PM #19 Last Edit: 18 September 2013, 09:22:51 PM by get2grips
Quote from: Leon on 18 September 2013, 07:52:12 PM
We've paid for the sculpts as we do with any range, the price difference is really down to the number of variants in the pack (9), and the corresponding prices of the other Sci-Fi codes, which have always been slightly higher than the historicals (don't ask me why, they just have!).  So, if 10 figures are £1.80, then 30 would be £5.40, or £5 if we knock a bit off.

As Matt says, still great value.  Any plans to revamp any of the fantasy range?

The new sculpts blow the old ones away PLUS, with the Evil Empire's ditching of Warmaster, could be a good earner.   ;)

i_am_win

Nice one, expect an order from me in the next week or so!!

Damn you Leon, now I'm going to need all my 15mm zombie stuff replicated in 10mm!!  ;D
Check out The Grinning Skull for Grinning Skull 15mm Miniatures rangehttp://www.thegrinningskull.co.uk/

Leon

Quote from: get2grips on 18 September 2013, 09:13:43 PM
Any plans to revamp any of the fantasy range?

Possibly, maybe not a revamp, but we might look at cutting some of the older sculpts and putting them into a separate section at a slightly cheaper price.  Then the good quality ranges can be pushed more for the ex-GW 10mm guys, along with maybe some rules.

We do have the new Balori range to come as well, probably at the start of 2014 I'd think.

8)

Quote from: i_am_win on 18 September 2013, 09:33:43 PM
Damn you Leon, now I'm going to need all my 15mm zombie stuff replicated in 10mm!!  ;D

:D

sebigboss79

Quote from: Leon on 18 September 2013, 02:42:22 AM
After more delays than you can shake a pointy delay stick at, the Sci-Fi revamp is finally here!  We've taken the best of our previous ranges, and added some nice new stuff, from new Marines and heavy weapons, through to Zombie hordes and Survivors!  This lot is up on the website now, complete with pictures of everything, so head over now to get your fix of 10mm Sci-Fi fun!

Humans - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Sci-Fi-c24/Humans-sc290/
SFH1   Marines, in battle armour
SFH2   Marines, without battle armour
SFH3   Heavy weapon team (3)
SFH4   Marine in power armour
SFH5   Special Force troopers
SFH6a   Attack drones, with regular stand (3 types)     £1.50
SFH6b   Attack drones, with exhaust stand (3 types)     £1.50
SFH7   APC     £3.00
SFH8   Walker     £1.50
SFH9   Dreadnought gun platform     £2.35
SFH10   COMING SOON
SFH11   COMING SOON
SFH12   Automated defence vehicle, type 1     £2.35
SFH13   Automated defence vehicle, type 2     £1.50

Marines Army Pack - 1 x APC, 20 x assorted Marines, 2 x Walkers, 4 x Marines with heavy weapons, 1 x Dreadnought gun platform     £13.00

Alien Creatures - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Sci-Fi-c24/Alien-Creatures-sc291/
SFC1   Medium creature, type 1 (5)
SFC2   Medium creature, type 2 (5)
SFC3   Medium creature, type 3 (5)
SFC4   Medium warrior creature (5)
SFC5   Small creature (10)
SFC6   Queen creature (3)
SFC7   Egg Cluster and eggs (1 cluster + 5 eggs)
SFC8   Face huggers (10)
SFC9   Face hugger victims (10)

Alien Creatures Army Pack - 1 x Queen, 20 x Medium creatures, 10 x Small creatures, 2 x Egg clusters, 10 x Face huggers     £13.00

Bugs - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Sci-Fi-c24/Bugs-sc292/
SFB1   Large flamer bug (1)     £2.50
SFB2   Large jawed attack bug (1)     £1.00
SFB3   Small runner bugs (10)

Bugs & Troopers Army Pack - 1 x Large flamer bug, 6 x Large jawed attack bugs, 10 x Small runner bugs, 25 x Special Force troopers     £13.00

Tripods
SFT1   Tripod, large     £4.25
SFT2   Tripod, small     £2.50
SFT3   Crab walker     £3.75

Zombies
SFZ1   Zombies, walking
SFZ2   Zombies, standing
SFZ3   Zombies, crawling
SFZ4   Zombies, women and child
SFZ5   Zombie dogs (5)     £1.00
SFZ6   Survivors (30)     £5.00

Zombies Army Pack - 60 x assorted Zombies and dogs, 25 x Survivors     £13.00

Misc - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Sci-Fi-c24/Misc-sc296/
SFX1   Lizardmen with laser weapons (10)
SFX2   Mounted lizardmen with laser weapons (5)
SFX3   Minotaurs with laser weapons (5)
SFX4   Alien predators (10)
SFX5   Grey aliens (10)
SFX6   Termination robots (10)

Old Range - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Sci-Fi-c24/Old-range-sc297/
SF1x   Old style marines in battle armour
SF2x   Old style marines without battle armour
SF14x   Old style marines with heavy weapons
SF15x   Colonists in space suits
SF16x   Colonists in space suits, with heavy weapons
SF20x   Civilian men
SF21x   Civilian women
SF24x   Security robots

We've got more stuff planned for the Sci-Fi as well, with a 1946 range coming soon, plus modular resin terrain.  Hope you like it, and apologies for the delay getting this lot sorted out.

PS: 10,000 posts!

:-bd :-bd :-bd

When was the last time I told you how much I love like you?  ???

Matt J

QuoteNot too sure what you mean by 'funded by'?

provide the sculpt/range for free then take a cut on any sales of that range. Which would make sense if its a bit niche and the sculptor just wanted to do them.

demand for zombies is a no-brainer though!

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Leon

Quote from: Matt of Munslow on 18 September 2013, 10:59:14 PM
provide the sculpt/range for free then take a cut on any sales of that range. Which would make sense if its a bit niche and the sculptor just wanted to do them.

demand for zombies is a no-brainer though!

Ah right, I'm with you now.  We don't touch royalty deals, it's far too much paperwork, and ties you in to a neverending obligation which can become a hindrance over the longterm.  We're much happier to pay a fair price for any work, and then we live with the success/failure of the resulting ranges.

8)

Techno

Ah...right...
I was wondering what Matt meant too.
As Leon says though, the paperwork can end up being a right royal pain....To such an extent that in the past I've been asked to remake old 'royalty based' figures to take those out of a certain firm's range where the original designer was getting something around $1 per year per figure.
The firm was ending up spending more on keeping track and paperwork than the royalties they were paying, so the simple solution was to 'dump' the original models and start afresh.
Hope that makes sense !

Cheers - Phil.

get2grips

Quote from: Techno on 19 September 2013, 08:02:26 AM
Ah...right...
I was wondering what Matt meant too.
As Leon says though, the paperwork can end up being a right royal pain....To such an extent that in the past I've been asked to remake old 'royalty based' figures to take those out of a certain firm's range where the original designer was getting something around $1 per year per figure.
The firm was ending up spending more on keeping track and paperwork than the royalties they were paying, so the simple solution was to 'dump' the original models and start afresh.
Hope that makes sense !

Cheers - Phil.

I blame the greedy sculptors  :D

Fenton

Quote from: Leon on 19 September 2013, 01:41:32 AM
and ties you in to a neverending obligation over the longterm

Isnt that what Pendraken do to their customers?...by producing new lovely ranges all the time we feel obligated to buy them
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Techno

get2grips