Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
29 March 2020, 11:03:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The 1809 Napoleonic expansion has been released!
294350 Posts in 17430 Topics by 2206 Members
Latest Member: Stewart
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Wider Wargaming
| |-+  Batreps (Moderator: nikharwood)
| | |-+  Nachod 1866 using Age of Valor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nachod 1866 using Age of Valor  (Read 10271 times)
nikharwood
General

« Reply #15 on: 30 August 2013, 09:35:45 PM »

That's a great looking battle - very nicely done  Cool

Hwiccee
Captain

« Reply #16 on: 31 August 2013, 10:55:10 AM »

Thanks guys it is nice of you to say so but you are being a little too kind. I really wish I had terrain like tschuma's Sad

I wasn't going to post up anything as this was just a quick game done with whatever was to hand. Some friends of mine turned up unexpectedly and so I just threw the game together with whatever I had. Dour Puritan: This is why we used 1859 period Austrians. I couldn't find my 1866 greatcoated Austrians (I subsequently remembered I have loaned them out) and it looked like we would have to use Napoleonic Austrians as 'stand in's'. But then I remembered the 1859 guys and so we used them. It was a similar story with the terrain. It was largely improvised and we did without roads as I couldn't find anything suitable.

But the guys who played, one of which took the photos, said I should and that people might like to see a game with our version of the Fire & Fury idea. We have up scaled to make the large battles of the period more doable. But the decider was tschuma's post, I think we were literally playing at the same time! Or at least judging by the time he posted his report we might of been Smiley

Leman
Field Marshal

« Reply #17 on: 06 September 2013, 11:49:15 PM »

I recently lost al my eastern theatre ACW commanders. Naturally they turned up in an unlabelled bag inside an unlabelled box; which takes us all back to the thread on what is your workspace like?

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: